Woodworking experience

SneakerNet

Retired
Premium Member
Reaction score
Someone PM me asking about my woodworking experience or skill. I been involve woodworking since 1977 and I have my own woodshop. So, I thought I go ahead post a few pix of what I have done.

There are lot more but I give a few in term of general idea of either making it for indoor or outdoor.

Attachments

• 11mission1.jpg
    11mission1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 12
  • 11missiontop.jpg
    11missiontop.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Adirondack.jpg
    Adirondack.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 12
  • musicbookscab.jpg
    musicbookscab.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 11
  • Hammer Dulcimer1.jpg
    Hammer Dulcimer1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Hammer Dulcimer4.jpg
    Hammer Dulcimer4.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 13
  • entertainmentcab.jpg
    entertainmentcab.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Picnic Table 4.jpg
    Picnic Table 4.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 12
Pretty sweet stuff you have there. I've competed in woodworking before, and when I settle I'll have my own wood shop.

Oh wow!! Did you do the dolphin carving and other wood carvings that are on the long cabinet?

I can see you use a mission style end table (?) with Frank Lloyd Wright design on the top. Nice that it is all geometric.

Oh wow!! Did you do the dolphin carving and other wood carvings that are on the long cabinet?

I can see you use a mission style end table (?) with Frank Lloyd Wright design on the top. Nice that it is all geometric.

No, I didn't do the wood carving of the dolphin. I made the cabinet for my father since he's a pianist and he have large collection of piano books. So, that where he store his books in the cabinet. Pix below:

Edited: I forgot to add, yes that is correct. My ex-wife is stain glass maker, so that is how I come up with the design related to Frank Lloyd Wright. Then later I added a light under it.

Attachments

• Pianobookscab1.jpg
    Pianobookscab1.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 7
This is my very first wood working project... back in 1975 <grin>

Attachments

• DCP_0718.jpg
    DCP_0718.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 8
I thought that it is for lifting a coffin. Oops. My bad. But, it is interesting that you had a first project. Are you a woodworker for your hobby?

Oh I just missed at the beginning of this page. Your furnitures look so nice. Very impressive!

I thought that it is for lifting a coffin. Oops. My bad. But, it is interesting that you had a first project. Are you a woodworker for your hobby?

Oh I just missed at the beginning of this page. Your furnitures look so nice. Very impressive!

You are welcome to be bad...no problemento. Yes, it's one of my many hobbies.

and Thanks.

As you saw one pix above which is redwood picnic table. Now this picture below is 30 years later. I restore it for my father birthday.

Attachments

• DCP_0245.jpg
    DCP_0245.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 7
Back