Wireless Doorbell

GraysonPeddie

Eye/Hear/Speech Impaired
Premium Member
Reaction score

When I press the wireless doorbell button, my "modified" wireless doorbell receiver receives the signal from the transmitter, and then sends it to Elk M1 Gold (a security and automation system from Elk). Elk announces "someone at front door" and while doing so, it makes the light go off and on.

Click in the image above to watch the video.

I have something like that....Nothing news.

I have something like that too. Its soooo annoying, but I need it.

My wireless doorbell is "hooked" up to 4 lights in my house and they all go off like crazy when someone is at the door. I get such a kick at night cuz my neighbors freak out by seeing all the different lights in different rooms going on and off repeately. LOL! I do it on purpose when there is someone walking on my street at night..I go outside and press the doorbell light and watch their reaction. Yea, I need to get a life! :giggle:

My wireless doorbell is "hooked" up to 4 lights in my house and they all go off like crazy when someone is at the door. I get such a kick at night cuz my neighbors freak out by seeing all the different lights in different rooms going on and off repeately. LOL! I do it on purpose when there is someone walking on my street at night..I go outside and press the doorbell light and watch their reaction. Yea, I need to get a life! :giggle:
:lol:

That reminds me of my friend's place in Rochester. The landlord installed doorbell for the deaf. What the landlord didn't realize that the doorbell shared the same frequency as the doorbells of other deaf residents within 100 feet. So, when people ring the doorbell... it flashes in my friend's place sometimes. :roll:

That reminds me of my friend's place in Rochester. The landlord installed doorbell for the deaf. What the landlord didn't realize that the doorbell shared the same frequency as the doorbells of other deaf residents within 100 feet. So, when people ring the doorbell... it flashes in my friend's place sometimes. :roll:

Yes, it does the same thing as my current wireless door ringer! :roll: lol

That reminds me of my friend's place in Rochester. The landlord installed doorbell for the deaf. What the landlord didn't realize that the doorbell shared the same frequency as the doorbells of other deaf residents within100 feet. So, when people ring the doorbell... it flashes in my friend's place sometimes. :roll:

LOL

This one is not deaf ppl it is my hearing family. My uncle put the doorbell in my mom's house and my Aunt I's house who lived 2 houses from each other. They both have the same brand. One day my other Aunt M came to see my mom and she rang the doorbell. My Aunt I answered the doorbell but no one was at the door except for my mom's house that Aunt M was there. LOL So they disconnected the doorbell.

Nope! There must be other electronic that someone may share the same frequency as mine does. It happens seldomly so it doesn't bother us that much.
Ah, I have that problem sometimes with my alarm clock. If I turn on the signal mode so that it accepts signals from all Sonic Alert products, it will randomly vibrate from something that occurs around the room.

At RIT, it would sometimes vibrate while people were using a microwave in the next room. (My alarm clock was 6 inches away from the wall. On the other side of the wall is the microwave on the wall.)

Here, it sometimes picks up weird frequencies when I plug in different things in a nearby outlet. :Ohno:

Back