Where did you get your pets from

Snickers is my hearing dog and, before I got her she was my pet. She has changed roles and goes with me almost everywhere, which I'm very thankful for. To answer the question, I got her from the humane society in Saint Paul, Minnesota.

The dog in my signature below, we got him from the humane society in Marin County, California when he was only 3 years old. He's 14 years old this month, now.

I got 8 weeks old Sussi from farmer at nearly 20 years ago. She is still alive and will be 20 years old on 7th July 2006.

I found other kitten from forest at 2 years ago. We named her Kim. See this thread, I created at 2 years ago.
http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=9779&highlight=homeless+kitty

Kim will be 2 years old on 5th July 2006... (I don't know her birth date but I use the day where I found as her birthday).

Kim is mother of 4 kittens... 4 Kittens were born dated 30th March 2006. We decided to keep all of 4 kittens. :D I CAN'T take kittens away from their mother...

pound, shelter, rescue group,local pet store (fish), through coworker and family thru the years...

I got my Jack Russell at Amish Farm! Her mama has 8 puppies!!! So it was pretty hard to choose from. I wanted the white runt one but Tyler don't. So he chosen mostly brown with white...that's our Tahoe! :) Amish family are pretty neat. They got 6 kids...probably keep having more!!! No thanks lol!

sequoias said:
The dog in my signature below, we got him from the humane society in Marin County, California when he was only 3 years old. He's 14 years old this month, now.
:birthday: Kyle!!!

I've got two cats. One was adopted from a no kill shelter, the other was a stray. I have a weakness for purebred siamese but given how many animals there are out there that need homes, I can't bring myself to promote even more breeding by purchasing a kitten from a breeder.

Purchused from Purebreed Bulldogs Breeders...
1st bulldog.... from London, Ontario. Canada
2nd bulldog... from Johannesburg, South Africa
3rd bulldog... from Baconeane, Quebec, Canada
4th bulldog... from Dutton,Ontario, Canada (mine)
5th bulldog... from London,Ontario.Canada

8 mos ago..
Got three kittens
1st kitten from person who want giving away.. free kitten
2nd and 3rd kittens from Pet Shop.. I cannot resisit kitten..Poor babies.. Buy'em.. Rest of all kittens are born in St Thomas, Ontario.Canada (my hometown)

1rst dog Sophie was a purebred hand raised puppy (her mom died during birth) she just turned 3 in December

2nd dog Bailey we rescued from her owners who kept her in a tiny crate about 1/2 the size of bailey and actually now has a hard time crating on her own but with sophie she's fine anyway they brought her in to be groomed to take her to the humane society cause she bite and was really hyperactive (ps the dog was in a kennel 23 hours of the day and was never trained) she would have been put to sleep at the humane society so we took her here thinking we would train her and give her to a nice home because one dog was enough well she won our hearts and is the calmer out of the two dogs and refuses to bite anyone she won't even bite sophie so it's a miricale what time and love can do. Also just turned 3 in January

both Dogs are standard poodles

Cat Pearl we got her from a siamese breeder she is now 9 and the queen of the house she rules the dogs even.

1rst Snake Miss Piggy Popcicle is a corn snake and she turned a year in January we got her from a corn breeder in sartell who has so many snakes it was amazing. Piggy is currently 3 feet

2nd Snake Big Fat Louie he is a brazillian Rainbow boa and he just turned a year in march we got him from a snake breeder in Flordia he was shipped in a this side up box that was not kept this side up and was very mistreated so he came out snapping and biting at me i hated this snake at first he is now the calmer of the two. Louie is Currently 2' he's still a small little guy but getting fatter everyday and getting closer to his adult size.

We have Multiple Fish two we got on our trip to Hawii and the others come from petsmarts 12 cent tank feeders tend to live longer and grow bigger we have one that has lived for 5 years now at one point something had gotten in the water and he was the only one alive

That's my Family of pets that's not including my sisters so yea we live in a zoo and love every minieute of it

Liebling:-))) said:
I got 8 weeks old Sussi from farmer at nearly 20 years ago. She is still alive and will be 20 years old on 7th July 2006.

Wow very old! I used to work at Veterinary clinic in Tucson and the oldest cat I have seen was live to be 23 years old!

I got my pretty kitty Abby the tabby from the vet. She was "unwanted". She's such a brat, though...but she's not hateful.

poto0001.jpg

^^ Abby on my bed :mrgreen:

poto0003.jpg

^^ I took this one the day my mom and I brought her home in June 2004. Those floor tiles are 1 foot square, to show how small she was when we got her. Now she's about 6 inches longer.

gnulinuxman said:
I got my pretty kitty Abby the tabby from the vet. She was "unwanted". She's such a brat, though...but she's not hateful.

poto0001.jpg

^^ Abby on my bed :mrgreen:

poto0003.jpg

^^ I took this one the day my mom and I brought her home in June 2004. Those floor tiles are 1 foot square, to show how small she was when we got her. Now she's about 6 inches longer.

Cute!! But . . . you didn't make your bed. :nono: :P

We found two 4 weeks old kittens, Conan and Oreo at our doorstep in college on cold, rainy night of October of 1995.

1conanoreo09-95.jpg

They are 11 years old and they are doing great! :)

Catmandu said:
We found two 4 weeks old kittens, Conan and Oreo at our doorstep in college on cold, rainy night of October of 1995.

1conanoreo09-95.jpg

They are 11 years old and they are doing great! :)

awww how cuteee!!!

I found tabby on the driveway with one other kitten but one of the kitten was about to give up her life. so I kept tabby when she was 5 weeks old. I posted it somewhere on old thread. here the first pic i found her... and pic of her NOW. shes big. shes is going to be 3 years old this sept. http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=13342

Attachments

• Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 10
OldNavyGirl said:
awww how cuteee!!!

I found tabby on the driveway with one other kitten but one of the kitten was about to give up her life. so I kept tabby when she was 5 weeks old. I posted it somewhere on old thread. here the first pic i found her... and pic of her NOW. shes big. shes is going to be 3 years old this sept. http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=13342
Thanks :) You have a gorgeous cat and Tabby is a very lucky cat!

All of them.

I got pets from Breeders, Pet Shop, Pet at the market, and giveway from friends.

I got Lucy(that picture) from someone that my mom knew and bought it for 175 dollars, had her for almost four years and she will be 5 years old this November 25 but my family gave her up to another family for free which it's for Lucy's happiness, I miss her a ton! But I know she's in my heart ;)

And, Sequoias and I bought our ratties Boo Boo, Nike and Socks frm the same store, but we bought Boo Boo and Nike first then bought Socks recently. All of them are almost 4 months old ;)

I'm allergic to all cats except for certain kind of cat is called "Cat-mandu's pu...." opps! :Oops:

:P

:rofl:

Back