What Color?

Lil_country_gal

Reaction score
Alright it's crunch time on the 16th of may I am dyeing my hair not quite sure what color i wanna dye it so i'm hopeing you guys could help below is a picture of my hair now it's a very very dark brown and i just wanna lighten it up for the summer thanks

Attachments

• th_100_0042.jpg
    th_100_0042.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 30
Have you considered something a little more unnatural? Such as plum, or jet black?

Natural Light-browish suits on you reason why compation your hair will turn it up volume lighter and looks natural better.

As long your choice preference.

Lighter brown or mixed blonde would be good on you.. It is up to you!

With your face, you would look good in black or dark brown... Get a hair professional to help you and she/he can advise you what you would look better with. :)

I can't go very unatural because me sisters wedding coming up although i was gonna die my hair bleach blonde the day before and decided not to i had blonde high lights and now i really just wanna shock people

AJ NO PLATINUM BLONDE ( i may look stupid and i may act like a blonde so lets not make me a total blonde)

Brian see i have black hair noramlly so looking for a change i went in and saw my stylist yesterday and we all decided to go for a light copper with light brown and blonde high lights and low lights so i'll post a picture of how it turns out when i get it done anyone else have anymore suggestions

Lil_country_gal said:
...AJ NO PLATINUM BLONDE ( i may look stupid and i may act like a blonde so lets not make me a total blonde)
Good decision. Platinum blonde is very hard to achieve on dark hair without damage to your hair.

Brian see i have black hair noramlly so looking for a change i went in and saw my stylist yesterday and we all decided to go for a light copper with light brown and blonde high lights and low lights so i'll post a picture of how it turns out when i get it done anyone else have anymore suggestions
That's sounds like a good combination. Do you use foils?

I know a young lady who has short "spikey" hair (not full spikes), with a blend of bright blue and green in the back, black and light blonde in the front. It is very dramatic. She has strong facial features and "attitude" so it works for her.

She used to have bright pink and purple layers in the back; I liked that better than the blue and green.

I'm not sure which professional products she uses but the colors stayed deep and strong; no fading. It might be Redken.

Reba said:
Good decision. Platinum blonde is very hard to achieve on dark hair without damage to your hair.

That's sounds like a good combination. Do you use foils?

I know a young lady who has short "spikey" hair (not full spikes), with a blend of bright blue and green in the back, black and light blonde in the front. It is very dramatic. She has strong facial features and "attitude" so it works for her.

She used to have bright pink and purple layers in the back; I liked that better than the blue and green.

I'm not sure which professional products she uses but the colors stayed deep and strong; no fading. It might be Redken.
I don't know how she's gonna dye it the stuff they use is specially made for dark colored hair and it doesn't use bleach to lighten the hair so i could go platinum blonde without damaging my hair also aparently my hair is extremely healthy that's why i can die it i think they are foiling but i'm not sure i will find out may 16th lol

with your dark brown hairs.. i would say red or blonde highlights would look good on you.. :)

Lil_country_gal said:
I don't know how she's gonna dye it the stuff they use is specially made for dark colored hair and it doesn't use bleach to lighten the hair so i could go platinum blonde without damaging my hair also aparently my hair is extremely healthy that's why i can die it i think they are foiling but i'm not sure i will find out may 16th lol
Be careful if they say they can lighten dark hair to pale blonde without bleach. Some lighteners use ammonia, or chemicals that are similar to bleach. If they tell you there will be no damage, be VERY careful. It doesn't matter if you have very healthy hair; it can still be damaged. If they are careful in the timing process you should be fine.

Foiling is time-consuming and expensive, but it is the best way to color long hair, especially if you are getting more than one color. You definitely don't want to mess with a cap if you have long hair.

If you sometimes wear your hair up, make sure they put some highlights underneath, at the hairline.

Are you getting blended weaves or bold chunks?

Highlights are very popular now, and I'm sure you will look great! :P

Please post a photo after.

Back