Watch this...damnnnn!

sequoias

Premium Member
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-2KiubBNMQ[/ame]

Looks like the gears seized and just let go.

That's common - a lot of motor blowing - in amateur races.

Something obviously blew under the hood!

Seen a vehicle with a blown motor that trashed the engine compartment before. But nothing like this video.

Which gears? Transaxle? Nah, the whole front of the engine is trashed.

If just the motor blew it wouldn't be at that angle.

Gotta remember - The transaxle and such usually isn't even upgraded in the noob races. They usually just go for high power and forget to upgrade others that needs to be upgraded.. (even the crankshaft...) That results in engines blowing.

In this video the motor is obviously dislodged from the mounts... so it was whipped out of place knocking everything forward... So, that is why I think the Transaxle seized.

My knowledge is on the fact I've blown quite a few motors in my lifetime.

I see the transaxle is apart from the engine. I believe driver don't upshift the transmission at right time.

From what it looks like, your right the transaxle must have seized, since motor throws massive energy, where it goes to? Of courses Transaxle, and if transaxle can't handle that massive energy, it will just snap just like that.

If just the motor blew it wouldn't be at that angle.

Gotta remember - The transaxle and such usually isn't even upgraded in the noob races. They usually just go for high power and forget to upgrade others that needs to be upgraded.. (even the crankshaft...) That results in engines blowing.

In this video the motor is obviously dislodged from the mounts... so it was whipped out of place knocking everything forward... So, that is why I think the Transaxle seized.

My knowledge is on the fact I've blown quite a few motors in my lifetime.

It's the transmission that blew causing it to seize up and blow apart. It looks like a total loss. It couldn't handle the power from the modified engine. I think he assumed the transmission could handle it but he probably forgot to modify the transmission for that.

Maybe radiator blow?

Philips, please read above what I and Post from Hell described the cause. :) My hearing friend heard it from the video and said it was the transmission that blew up.

Broken motor mount.

That would explain why the block is so far out of where it's supposed to be.

Broken motor mount.

That would explain why the block is so far out of where it's supposed to be.

Not really....when the transmission blows it splits up. The mounts ON the transmission and mounts on the engine and the bolts hold the transmission and engine together. Most fwd cars are like that.

If that tranaxle blew out, the front wheels wouldn't turn. The car would have skidded out of control.

If that tranaxle blew out, the front wheels wouldn't turn. The car would have skidded out of control.

You're stubborn, aren't you? :roll: Like I said, my hearing friend heard what they said on the video.

Back