Wall paintings in the tunnel at RIT/NTID?

Buffalo

Reaction score
It is almost time to go back to school. Would somebody who goes to RIT/NTID please take pictures of the wall paintings that are in the tunnel of RIT/NTID and put them in this thread??? Maybe even a picture of a dorm room. I was told that the furniture was replaced. I attended NTID in late 70's to early 80's. Thank you so much for the stroll down the memory lane.

It is almost time to go back to school. Would somebody who goes to RIT/NTID please take pictures of the wall paintings that are in the tunnel of RIT/NTID and put them in this thread??? Maybe even a picture of a dorm room. I was told that the furniture was replaced. I attended NTID in late 70's to early 80's. Thank you so much for the stroll down the memory lane.

I would be more than happy to take photographs for you.

If you need to contact me, my AIM sn is in my user profile.

If you look under Blade Runner's name it says "banned" so I would guess that's why he's not sharing photos ...

If you look under Blade Runner's name it says "banned" so I would guess that's why he's not sharing photos ...
Yeah, I guess we'll have to find another RIT/NTID student to do it for us.

I'm currently in the process of contacting RHA (Residence Hall Association) to see if they can have this done on their website for the public to see. ;)

^^^^ That would be awesome! I was a student there 1988-92 (RIT) so I'd love to see new photos.

Ah, kewl...

In case you're wondering what they mean:
  1. Computer Science House
  2. Gibson Hall (I think this was done in the style of The Simpsons to represent all the RAs of that dorm during that year)
  3. Unknown (woman holding the first official American flag)
  4. Unknown (U2 music group)
  5. Unknown (Bill the Cat from Bloom County comics)
  6. Muslim Students Association
  7. Unknown (United States Air Force)
  8. Art House
  9. Unknown (Earth Day 1995)
  10. Unknown ("Welcome to Your Future!")
  11. Unknown (Military Madness)
  12. Unknown (tiger)
  13. Unknown (random quote)
  14. Unknown (Star Trek tribute to Gene Roddenberry)
  15. Unknown (person walking in shadow)
  16. Unknown (Inter-State Narcotic Association)
  17. Unknown (Micky Mouse from The Sorcerer's Apprentice movie)
  18. Unknown (The Who music group)
  19. Unknown (cryptic creature overlooking RIT campus)
  20. Unknown (music, chess, & dancing)
  21. Unknown (?)
  22. Computer Science House (Hobbes from Calvin & Hobbes comics; using RIT logo layout)
  23. Unknown (quote by John Lennon)
  24. Kappa Delta Rho Fraternity
  25. Unknown (The Jetsons)
  26. Tau Epsilon Phi Fraternity
  27. Unknown (Spider-Man & Doctor Octopus from Spider-Man comics)
  28. Community Service Club House
  29. Unknown (space & Oliver Wendell Jones from Bloom County comics)
  30. Unknown (caricatures of famous classic celebrities)
  31. Unknown (four seasons of 2001)
  32. Unknown (Buzz Lightyear from Disney's Toy Story movie)
  33. Unity House (an club house for African-Americans)
  34. RIT Model Railroad Club
  35. Art House (on left) | Tiger Battalion (on right)
  36. Unknown (Eden-like garden with 2 centaurs)
  37. Unknown (part of the Spider-Man mural from #27)
  38. Unknown (Wolvering from X-Men comics)
  39. Colby A Hall (I think this was done in the style of Calvin & Hobbes to represent all the RAs or residents of that dorm during that year)
  40. Unknown (Disney's The Little Mermaid)
  41. Unknown (Star Trek)
  42. Unknown (The Hobbit)
  43. International House (a club house for international students)
  44. Hillel House (a Jewish club house)
  45. House of General Science (periodical table)
  46. Unknown (Albert Einstein)
  47. Unknown (unknown comic strip)
  48. Unknown (unknown comic strip)
  49. Unknown (?)
  50. Unknown (I think this was done in the style of Ziggy to represent the laundry room it's next to)
  51. Unknown (?)
  52. Residence Hall Association (I think this is a list of things they sponsored in the past)
  53. Residence Hall Association
  54. Unknown (a memorial graffiti to honor someone named "Rachel")
  55. Unknown (Odie from Garfield comics)
  56. Unknown (skateboarder)
  57. RITchie's (a gameroom with video game consoles, pool table, television, ping pong, air hockey, etc)
  58. Student Life Team
  59. This is part of the small man-made tunnel protecting students from the construction of the Field House
  60. Unknown (part of #59)
  61. Unknown (part of #59)
  62. Anime Club (part of #59)
  63. Anime Club (part of #59)
  64. Anime Club (part of #59)
  65. Anime Club (part of #59)
  66. Anime Club (part of #59)
  67. Anime Club (part of #59)
  68. Anime Club (part of #59)
  69. Unknown (part of #59)
  70. Unknown (part of #59)
  71. Unity House (part of #59)
  72. Unknown (part of #59)
  73. Unknown (part of #59)
  74. Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority (part of #59)
  75. RIT Volleyball (part of #59)
  76. Unknown ("In Loving Memory of Sean Williams"; part of #59)
  77. NTID Student Congress? (part of #59)
  78. Unity House (part of #59)
  79. Asian Culture Society (part of #59)
  80. Unknown (part of #59)
  81. Unknown (part of #59)

Hmm... there are some more in the other dorms under Buildings #28, #30, and #32... which are fraternity and sorority dorms.

Oh Cool. No, I didn't go to RID or deaf university/college. I wish I did. Oh well.

Nice artwork somebody did on the walls. :) I didn't know NTID have tunnels under the campus, didn't they? I guess to shelter from the cold?

beauitful artworks.. i dont remmy seeing it when i was there in 91.... strange? maybe it was done later after I left NTID, correct? hmm..

There was some there from the early 90's, maybe it was just getting started in 91 I presume?

Do the different student associations get to paint a wall every year or how is it decided who gets to paint what?

There was some there from the early 90's, maybe it was just getting started in 91 I presume?

Do the different student associations get to paint a wall every year or how is it decided who gets to paint what?
Anyone can paint a way, as long as it's acceptable and part of something.

For instance, a RA staff can do a wall, a fraternity/sorority can do a wall, a sports team can do a wall, etc.

One student can't just say, I want to paint this because I feel like it or because it's cool.

Students have to contact someone from RIT for permission and need to have a sketch ready to show that person. I don't remember the exact person though. It's been a while.

Those paintings exist in my time (SVP '77)
10. Unknown ("Welcome to Your Future!") - I walked past the artist as he was painting this one. Maybe it is in early 80's.
12. Unknown (tiger)
17. Unknown (Micky Mouse from The Sorcerer's Apprentice movie) - I remember there were white lights all over the background. It looks like it was painted over with black paint. I am disappointed with that.

Those looks really familiar to me but I am not so sure....
3. Unknown (woman holding the first official American flag)
11. Unknown (Military Madness)
15. Unknown (person walking in shadow)
19. Unknown (cryptic creature overlooking RIT campus)

My favorite painting doesn't exist anymore. :-( but thank you, MyBlueEyes for providing the link to the paintings.

Back