[VID] Adopt Deaf Friend Gift by Mary Jean Shahen

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Funny ASL story. :mrgreen:

[yt]lMw3QKYrYRg[/yt]

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!! that was so funny :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .. I hear the background are laughed at the lady's funny story lol :lol:

That's so funny! I can hear other people laugh in the background! haha!

hahaha that was funny! Especially the last part! LOL!

Cats?

I watched the video four times, and I still don't understand. Was she picking out cats and imagining they were talking to her? Her sign was very hard to follow. Could someone provide a transcript?

I watched the video four times, and I still don't understand. Was she picking out cats and imagining they were talking to her? Her sign was very hard to follow. Could someone provide a transcript?

No, she wasnt talking about cats. She was talking about 4 dolls.

She opened with an introduction of who her mom is and how her mom works with her so people can know who she is talking about.

"A long time ago, when I was a little girl, my mom and I went shopping one day.

We entered the store and saw 4 dolls...(if I remember correctly...3 girls and 1 boy or vice versa)..she used classifiers to describe the appearances of the dolls.

She caught one doll signing saying "Pick me"

She told her mom what the doll said and her mom said no.

Doll says pick me..convince your mom

She tells her mom again and mom says no no

This repeats...the doll said the other dolls are no good and not to pick them.

She finally gives up and grabs the doll and gets it.

At home, the doll walks to her in her sleep and she holds the doll in her sleep. She told her mom that the doll walked to her while she was sleeping and her mom said no that is not true, dolls dont walk.

Later, as she got older, she realized that dolls cant move. She criticizes herself for imagining that the doll can sign.

The dolls signs somthing while she was looking at it and she told the doll to shut up "mouth-shut up hands-shut up"

I am sure I am missing some parts so anyone add or correct me! :)

haha that was funni, I used to have a doll when I was little, always sitting on my rocking chair in my bedroom but during the nite my closet always open, I've always thought my doll was the one who open the closet....:eek3:

I do remember telling my mom about it, but she didn't believe me.... Oh well

Back