Update: 3 Teens Charged As Adults In Little Rock Murder

sara1981

Reaction score
Little Rock Homeowner Shot & Killed
http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=87336

Little Rock police say four men broke into 67-year-old Maurice Clark's home and murdered him.

Police say after they broke into Clark's home and shot him, the suspects stole his Chevy Cavalier. Within minutes, police arrested four suspects, three are juveniles. They later released one, but are still searching for a fourth suspect.

Neighbors say they have never seen the men before and became suspicious when the suspects approached Clark's house.

The scene of cop cars shocked Priscilla Huff. She says it's a quiet neighborhood and is even more astonished to learn what happened.

"He was a good man. He didn't bother nobody. He stayed to himself," says Huff.

Little Rock Police Lieutenant Terry Hastings says four young men broke into the house at Lark Place and Eddy Lane 2 p.m. Tuesday.

"The homeowner was at home and he came down the stairs to see what the noise was. They shot the homeowner and killed him," says Hastings.

Neighbors say Clark had lived there for decades and was known for keeping an eye out for his neighbors.

"He keeps this old lady's key right here for her. She's an older women and if she locked herself out, which she did, she went over there one time and he gave her, her key and let her in," says Huff.

"We believe this will be a burglary and where they did not realize the homeowner was there," says Hastings.

Sherilyn Watson's 20 year-old son is one of several neighbors who called police after noticing the suspects in the neighborhood.

"I was told one guy asked my son for a cigarette, I guess to distract him from whatever was going on," says Watson.

"They are not even from this area. I don't understand that," says Huff.

Another witness flagged down a patrol officer who chased the car moments after the shooting.

The suspects didn't get very far. They drove a couple of miles away, crashed into a fence and side of a house, then ditched the stolen car and then ran.

Huff and Watson say they're glad to hear the suspects are in custody, but the once quiet neighborhood is rattled with fear.

"I'm ready to move, I don't feel safe, anymore," says Watson.

Police have not yet released the suspects' identities, but say they likely will be charged with first degree murder, burglary and possibly other crimes.

Lt. Hastings also says they're investigating a couple of other burglaries in the neighborhood to see if they're related.

update:

Update: 3 Teens Charged As Adults In Little Rock Murder
Update: 3 Teens Charged As Adults In Little Rock Murder - todaysthv.com | KTHV | Little Rock, AR

Officials say three teens arrested in the Tuesday murder of a Little Rock homeowner were charged this morning as adults in Little Rock District Court.

Three suspects accused in the shooting death of Maurice Clark appeared in Little Rock District Court Wednesday morning.

The three teens, 16-year-old Thomas Caffery, 14-year-old Mashaun Kendrick, and 15-year-old Craig Woods are charged with capital murder, fleeing and theft of property.

Clark was killed Tuesday afternoon during a robbery of his home.

Police say a fourth suspect, Antonio Demetrius Terry, is still at large.

Stay with Today's THV and todaysthv.com for more on this story.

Back