The Biggest Stars in the Universe!

sequoias

Premium Member
Reaction score
Check this out at:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEheh1BH34Q]YouTube - Star Size Comparison HD[/ame]

It has 720p (HD) option for more clarity. :)

Damn, I realized that I already posted this....geez I forgot all about that.

We have discovered and identified a few ones of billions and billions of solar systems, and some of them could be much bigger than VY Carina Majoris, the biggest star known to us.

We have discovered and identified a few ones of billions and billions of solar systems, and some of them could be much bigger than VY Carina Majoris, the biggest star known to us.

yep, that's right.

I think it's more amazing to consider the size of our own blackhole within our Milky Way galaxy, as well as other blackholes in billions of other galaxies. Gravity pull so strong that not even light can escape from the hungry maws of a blackhole.

I think it's more amazing to consider the size of our own blackhole within our Milky Way galaxy, as well as other blackholes in billions of other galaxies. Gravity pull so strong that not even light can escape from the hungry maws of a blackhole.

Yup yup....I'm surprised we didn't get sucked into a black hole in the center of the galaxy. I think we're far on the arm of the galaxy somewhere....a typical galaxy would be around 100,000 light years across. :shock:

Im sure we will find something else. After all there is only 30,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars to look at within 14,000,000,000 light years around of us.

(That is 82,300,755,224,570,510,000,000 miles around us.)

I remember seeing something similar to that.

Pretty amazing though. :shock:

Back