SuperNanny ~She is a "godsent!"

RainGurl

Reaction score
My Hub and I love watching the SuperNanny sometimes
to remind us that our kids aren't the ONLY ones that act up
at times. We don't have it as bad as some of those poor parents do.

But lately we have developed a routine and it really works. By watching
this show we have been able to have less stress about the house work, and
more time with the girls.

Infact lastnight we watched one about the dad being (too silent, and ignoring the behaviour of his sons). Instead of DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

I was talking to him about our oldest. She has a very bad attitude at times.
Talking back to him, and just being very rude. I told him the other day that he needs to address the issue. Not just "ignore it." Yea sure he doesn't "GIVE IN" but she won't ever understand that kind of behaviour is inappriopriate and will not be tolerated.

Well leave it to Mom, I had to nip it in the butt while we were going to a restaurant. She was saying something to the affect of," TURN IT UP NOW!" The music that was playing in the van, the whole attitude like when he tells her to relax..she goes," NO, YOU NEED TO RELAX DAD." (in a sassy tone).
I told her that she needs to stop talking to him that way, and start asking politely, or things aren't going to go very well for her.

Well, lastnight he said maybe we should do that. Put her on a time out for each time the girls speaks disrespectful to us. The other two know that I will not take any of that from them. As soon as I say," Hem, excuse me?" They are like," Sorry Dad."

However with her, it's a different story.
Sighs...I am picking up a SuperNanny book from the library that is on hold...
hopefully tomorrow. Please pray for us, this has been a very ugly source of frustration and hurt.

She can be so extremely hurtful to her sisters. Telling the middlest all she does is blah blah blah blah. Or say to us Can you tell her to be quiet she is SO annoying. I mean, she puts her down a lot.

Any suggestions?

Heart2sign - Wow, that has to be very tough for you and your husband. Your eldest daughter really needs a serious discipline because she's disrespecting her own family which is totally unacceptable. I'm curious how old is she?

I :ily: Jo Frost and she rocks! I've been watching her show all year last year and just few weeks ago her show came back on. I just bought SuperNanny book from Barnes n' Noble last Saturday with 15% off (came in the mail). I haven't had the chance to read it, but I'm going to. I have used her techniques when my two year old daughter was misbehaving and it worked. We meet eye to eye and talk firmly with her like we really mean it. Otherwise after 3rd warning she goes into the crib for 2 minutes. She did learn very quickly and obeys me and my hubby after that. She was (still is ocassionally) just trying to find our limits that's all. I can't wait to start reading her book!

i LOVE the show too!!! and i plan to get a dvd when it comes out soon....

i am not a MOTHER yet... but i recall an episode or two... where jo jo set up a chart ... ill try to explain this lol... like for instance (ill make up names as i don't know the names of your girls :D )

Meg

Ariella

Lauren

put something on the chart next to the person's name on it- whenever someone does something very well and then APPRAISE THEM...

everytime someone says a bad word, talks back, name calls, etc... she loses a (something you have to create like maybe paperdoll on the chart or something)... --- it will motivate them to work as a team and help them nurture, etc... you would be surprised and the time goes on with a lot of consitency and patience... :) i was SO IMPRESSED WITH HER AND HER TECHNIQUE!!!

am i making sense??? :fingersx: (i am not good at explaining things... people tell me i should be a teacher :dizzy: .. NO WAY!!! i am more of the counseling type!!! :laugh2: )

Oh I love that show so much. It help me too and also it help to understand and work thur it. I didnt have patience before but now I do. Gotta have lot of patience. I have send my son to time out twice so far. Other then that he is a good kid as long as he get spend time with his momma 3 times a week for 1/2 or for a good time. Like go out to movie that we spend time together. We have done that. But now I gotta work with him trying to speak up with his frustration. Sigh!!!

I like that show, I do watch that sometime, dont watch sometime.. But Im not a mother yet :lol:

That woman is wonderful for helping people with kids. :thumb:

r u not only the one.. so am I having little fusteration w/my daughter.. She is getting pre-teen and everything what she wants.. and disrespecting lately too..

I will not let her control on us or anything... I do not acceptable her behavouir...
ain't going give up and keep contuine patience.. *smile*

:werd: I've been there. SuperNanny is an awesome TV show! I plan on buying DVD of them so I can watch them over and over to get into the habit of being a "good" mom. It's not easy raising children when they're in their "mischievious" behaviors. RME! LOL

So you're not the only one who have struggles like that. :hug: I feel you.

I love to watch ALL the times never miss it out love to watch every monday at 9 pm. It is so great for parents with the kids. When I have my own kids and I will try follow what Jo JO Forst said as I hope ll :lol: :thumb:

i think the super nanny is hot. she's got pretty eyes, a cute accent, and she's really smart. id date her.

AJ said:
i think the super nanny is hot. she's got pretty eyes, a cute accent, and she's really smart. id date her.

You can try date my sister in law.. (my hubby's sister) looks alike her 90%
LOL
worth you try her..
Hell She is bitch'n and mocking.. and it's her type.. LOL
Wanna try her?

GalaxyAngel said:
You can try date my sister in law.. (my hubby's sister) looks alike her 90%
LOL
worth you try her..
Hell She is bitch'n and mocking.. and it's her type.. LOL
Wanna try her?

i dont think my gf would like me seeing another woman.

I love that show too! I am learning her skills and I have tried on my own too. She is really awesome.

Back