Storms and such

thirdgencubfan

Reaction score
I like seeing pictures of imposing storm clouds, there's always something fascinating about staring at them and thinking about the power behind it.

The 2 images below were not made by me, but by someone else on another forum.

Early morning on Sunday June 15:
chicagostorm_20080615.jpg

chicagostorm_20080615-1.jpg

I would like to comment to the person who took those photos. I think it looks stunning!

I take it it's skyscrapercity forums?

it is chicago - i just checked its filename

I would like to comment to the person who took those photos. I think it looks stunning!

I take it it's skyscrapercity forums?

You read nearly the same forum I do! ;)

Its from skyscraperpage forums, I think the username of the person that took those was "hawkeye view".

You read nearly the same forum I do! ;)

Its from skyscraperpage forums, I think the username of the person that took those was "hawkeye view".

Ahhh, I see. I think I have seen that username before, but I'm not sure. I mostly go to skyscrapercity forums. I don't go to skyscraperpage much, though.

can see the wall cloud... that is AWESOME pics.. beautiful storms...

me too love to watch storms and sky.. they r wow... but dislike tornado that cause damages.. :(

can see the wall cloud... that is AWESOME pics.. beautiful storms...

me too love to watch storms and sky.. they r wow... but dislike tornado that cause damages.. :(

Hmmm, I knew you were going to post in here since you love storms. :P

i like to see pictures of any kinds of storms and tornadoes but in real life i don't like it anyway shrugs

I adore watching storm clouds, storms and lightning! :)

A few months ago, my hubby & I stayed at a holiday unit 4 floors up, facing the beach when unbeknown to us, an enormous storm was brewing up in the west behind the building. We were relaxing outside on the balcony when the dark clouds started rolling above us which startled us and it was exactly like 'Independence Day'! It was so HUGE and awesome! My hubby raced inside to collect his camera but it wasn't charged .... d'oh! so we missed out on that beaut photo opportunity.

My adult son is an amateur photographer of stormy weathers, especially electrical storms.

Thank you for sharing the pics!, thirdgen. :)

I have a full front porch with a roof over it. I love to sit outside and watch the omninous summer storms roll in.

When I was growing up in Phx, AZ..I looked forward to the monsoon season but in the last few summers before I moved to MD had been disappointing cuz the storms would disappear before rolling into Phx. Here in MD, it is almost daily! I LOVE it!!!

Great pics!!

I have a full front porch with a roof over it. I love to sit outside and watch the omninous summer storms roll in.

When I was growing up in Phx, AZ..I looked forward to the monsoon season but in the last few summers before I moved to MD had been disappointing cuz the storms would disappear before rolling into Phx. Here in MD, it is almost daily! I LOVE it!!!

Great pics!!

same here. Cant beat a good spring/summer storm on the porch and a good beer in hand. A hammock is prefereed but ill take a rocking chair as well ;)

Shel, here's pixs of Tucson before and during of same day last week on 19th taken by me. The mountain in first picture is Santa Catalina Mountains
and here's videos of monsoon storm taken by someone in Tucson.

[yt]EgiHUGeawVo[/yt]

[yt]_aS8Q9pgNNs[/yt]

Back