Stop yelling at me...i cant hear you anyways!

Shoshana

Reaction score
Tonight was laundry night, My boyfriend and I head down to our apartment complex laundry room with a large hamper filled. I had my new Service Dog in Training with me for the walk (she is a beagle). I walked into the laundry room where two security guards were standing, I walked right past them with my puppy and head to the back washer. After about 10 min. they started yelling at me about having my dog in the laundry room (which she is allowed to be!). I didn't realize they were yelling at me until my boyfriend yelled back at them that I AM DEAF! I guess the guards felt bad because they left. When we were done we start to head out and the two guards waiting outside the laundry room, he told my boyfriend that he didnt appreciate his tone, he apologized but again told them I was Deaf and it was rude of them and they went on saying they didnt know I was blind...my boyfriend again corrected them that I am DEAF not blind...gosh, some people! None the less, I was happy to see my boyfriend stick up for me!

It seems to happen a lot, people yelling and since I dont hear they yell louder and get very mad at me! Then I tell them im Deaf and they usually feel bad...does this happen to many other people too?

People yell on my hear I told stop it because low volume voice hearing people embrassment because sometimes I am deaf I don't know I can't hear, I am very scared panic easy I am perceptive , customer person said yell, Hello I can Help me, I told customer I am deaf , customer sorry embrassment they awkared to how communication gesture! Lots of people dont' know deaf happened, they learn it deaf and d/h

normal is very sometimes!

Yep. I get it all the time. I tell people I am deaf and so they start yelling at me thinking that will improve things. It's extremely annoying. My hubby did it at first when I got to the point of being unable to hear at all...but the last time he did it I screamed back at him that screaming and yelling did NOT help...it just pissed me off. LOL He either writes or signs now. LOL He lets people know I am deaf and if they start yelling at me he lets them know that it doesn't help. Most seem to get all red-faced and wander off. LOL

It seems to happen a lot, people yelling and since I dont hear they yell louder and get very mad at me! Then I tell them im Deaf and they usually feel bad...does this happen to many other people too?

Oh yeah! Happened to me quite a bit.

Annoying isn't it? :lol:

Haha, yes, it is. And a bit upsetting at times to deal with angry people yelling at you. It happened to me a LOT in Berlin - everybody rides their bicycles on the sidewalk and they would use their bicycle bells to warn you if they're behind you and of course I can't hear those bells and suddenly they're yelling at me and cursing at me and giving me the finger for getting in their way even if I tried my best to stick close to shop windows to avoid those problems. I seriously wanted to wear a tshirt for the rest of my stay in Berlin that would say "Deaf people can't hear bicycle bells."

One woman crashed into me with her bicycle in my hometown and completely flipped out even after I explained I'm deaf and didn't hear her warning me to get out of the way. She wouldn't stop freaking out on me as if it was my fault I'm deaf and then finally I pointed out to her that riding a bicycle on the sidewalk is against the law and if she wanted to know who was in the wrong here, I can happily call my cop friend to settle the dispute. She shut up and took off.

Please do increase these decibel, young men! Perhaps I just might be able to hear you!

Haha, yes, it is. And a bit upsetting at times to deal with angry people yelling at you. It happened to me a LOT in Berlin - everybody rides their bicycles on the sidewalk and they would use their bicycle bells to warn you if they're behind you and of course I can't hear those bells and suddenly they're yelling at me and cursing at me and giving me the finger for getting in their way even if I tried my best to stick close to shop windows to avoid those problems. I seriously wanted to wear a tshirt for the rest of my stay in Berlin that would say "Deaf people can't hear bicycle bells."

One woman crashed into me with her bicycle in my hometown and completely flipped out even after I explained I'm deaf and didn't hear her warning me to get out of the way. She wouldn't stop freaking out on me as if it was my fault I'm deaf and then finally I pointed out to her that riding a bicycle on the sidewalk is against the law and if she wanted to know who was in the wrong here, I can happily call my cop friend to settle the dispute. She shut up and took off.

I know what you mean about the T-shirt thing. I am seriously considering getting, or making my own, that basically says, " I am DEAF...yelling, screaming, honking, and otherwise quacking at me is pointless." LOL:laugh2:

Love the shirt idea! I know you can buy some at cafepress.com you can also make your own there! I want to order one for when I start college in Fall :)

Love the shirt idea! I know you can buy some at cafepress.com you can also make your own there! I want to order one for when I start college in Fall :)
that is interesting! it is nice :)

what is kind of company of shirt?

Dragonman - she is talking about cafepress.com - you can go there and order your own customized shirts :) Like you can send them a graphic and they would print it on tshirts and send them to you.

Dragonman - she is talking about cafepress.com - you can go there and order your own customized shirts :) Like you can send them a graphic and they would print it on tshirts and send them to you.

I understand! :) :ty:

Ha! I was googling for funny deaf shirts after looking at this thread and found this.

funny-pictures-how-to-tell-if-you-are-deaf-300x199.jpg

Back