Starting college In a couple weeks

HipsterJunkie

Reaction score
So I'm starting community college and all I can do is use asl for communication but I'm fairly certain that no one (teachers/students/staff) know sign language and I'm not looking forward to having to write or type everything out and I just wanted to know what you guys think. I know it's a hearing school so I'm not expecting much but i dont know how to take a few classes like communications when everyone there speaks and doesn't sign.

Alright I'm done complaining and throwing a pity party I just wanted some support from people who understand.

I would surmise that the "condition" you mentioned is a "bit unusual" which will make attending school-difficult.
Whether it is "possible" to go to a school for "deaf persons" has to "checked out" specficially-if not then one "might" have to "alter learning experience".

Tough choices on what to do-given one's actual condition!

Much success in the choices made to accomplish your "worthwhile goals"!

have you asked for accommodations? having someone take notes for you, an ASL interpreter, CART?

Definitely check and ask around to see if there are any services or support your college may offer to make it easier for you. You may be surprised what's available. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Thanks guys I'll check it out and see what they can do to help. And I know my condition is super rare and complex so people think it's Unusual. What's CART?

Thanks guys I'll check it out and see what they can do to help. And I know my condition is super rare and complex so people think it's Unusual. What's CART?

It's remote transcribing of the lectures. It won't do you much good since you are not deaf.

Back