squash squash squash and also squash.

tuatara

pro-water
Premium Member
Reaction score
amylynne-albums-what-picture5803-squash.jpg

From my garden. Originally from my compost pile. I thought the little seedlings looked like cucumber or zucchini plants (wrong!)

I transplanted one and it took over the whole back yard. Climbed over the back fence into the woods, climbed up into the next garden bed and over my tomato cages, tried to strangle my cherry bushes with its little tentacle things. And made a ridiculous amount of butternut squash. This is what I picked yesterday.

i have used them cos hard get pumpkins here after haloween and made pie taste same as pumkins

Too bad you live so far away. (Or maybe not. You might find you can't open your front door because of the big pile of squash someone left there...)

Same recipe? Just substitute squash for pumpkin?

I love squash soup!!!! i cant wait to see my mom and ask her if she can make the soup soon!

We used to have squash in groundhog stew. :lol: It was beef stew, but that made it sound more interesting to kids.

Actually, groundhog and squash sound perfect together. Mainly because of the years when they've eaten everything else I was looking forward to harvesting- Lettuce: gone. Parsley: gone. Etc. But still there's squash. And a groundhog.

I dont have it yet. i m sure that on google there are plenty of squash soup recipe.

True, but I'm curious about what your mom's is like. Is it all blended together with some sort of milk or cream base?

I want to do something with rosemary I think.

Back