Soups for Dogs, and Raw Food Topic

Dannie

Reaction score
If anybody's new to this discussion, a good site is at Shirley's Wellness Cafe.

I'am pretty much 99% sure, I just cured my dogs constipation by giving her chicken soup. A lady I met on the bus a few weeks ago, said she fed her beagles whatever she ate (they lived till they were 17 & 18) and they just LOVED her chicken soup.

Fortunately, it was my stop and I got off the bus but I'd just love to know how she made her chicken soup, it's so hard to find receipies on the Net.
However I did find one site so far with free receipies at:
Dog Food Recipes

Our vet told me, all vegggies are okay (some like mushrooms even) except for onions.
(and of course peppers).
But I am VERY curious about WHY dogs can't have onions.
I mean, really what kind of chicken soup, and tomato sauces are made without onions?
I've also heard that tomatoes aren't good for them either!

And don't give any raw garlic cloves to the dogs, it mentioned in the beagles for Dummies book, that the raw cloves are poisonous but they love garlic powder and that's okay for em.

But the free range organic chicken soup in the carton at Loblaws has sea salt instead of table salt (which is a RELLY good thing) but is still made with onions.

Anybody want to join in the topic, or have questions??

Here's some receipies from Dog Food Recipes

Doggie Gravy:

• 1 Boneless/skinless Chicken Breast
• 4 Cups Water
• 1 Cup Flour
• 2 Whole Eggs

Boil chicken breast for about 1/2 an hour, remove to cool. Add flour to chicken water. Beat out lumps. Add pre-beaten eggs. Cook on low heat until it's done thickening. Pulverize chicken in food processor. Add to flour/egg gravy. May need to add more water. Unfortunately it won't freeze.

Easy Banana Pudding:
(careful with the amount of banana if they’re sensitive to, too much)

• 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
• 1 over ripe banana

Mash the banana directly in the dog's bowl, then mix with the cottage cheese. Easy as that, and uses up over ripe bananas.

Yogurt Pups:
• 32oz plain non-fat yogurt
• 3/4 oz water
• 1 tsp chicken bouillon (powdered or granules or 1 cube)

Dissolve bouillon in water. Combine water and yogurt in blender and blend thoroughly. Pour into small plastic containers, cover with tin foil and freeze
You can recycle the little plastic tubs that come with vanilla ice cream in them that hold about 1/2 cup Dogs love these.

Interesting thread but I have to quote part of your post to response.

I'am pretty much 99% sure, I just cured my dogs constipation by giving her chicken soup. A lady I met on the bus a few weeks ago, said she fed her beagles whatever she ate (they lived till they were 17 & 18) and they just LOVED her chicken soup.

True, I also feed chicken or beef soup to my cats sometimes. One of my cats are 21 years old but she begin to have problem with her right leg at few weeks ago. I feed raw egg or raw fish to them once a week which is good for their health and fur.

I boiled kidney, liver, heart etc after remove from chicken or buy from butcher shop to feed cats sometimes.

Our vet told me, all vegggies are okay (some like mushrooms even) except for onions.

Yes, that's right. I bought cat dry foods including vegetables.

(and of course peppers).
But I am VERY curious about WHY dogs can't have onions.

horrible odor and bad stomach ache if you feed onions to them.

And don't give any raw garlic cloves to the dogs, it mentioned in the beagles for Dummies book, that the raw cloves are poisonous but they love garlic powder and that's okay for em.

Respectfully disagree.

I mixed fine chopped raw garlic in cat foods once a week before feed them to rid of fleas and tick because fleas and ticks don't like garlic and get out of cat's fur. I did to them for years... I alway brush all cats's fur outside at my garden few minutes after finish eat their foods. My cats loves to have me to brush them.

Well anyway, if anyone decides to give chicken soup to their pets, use the Free-Range, Organic Campbells Chicken Broth with Sea Salt.

Table Salt is so bad for the human body. (Google Celtic Sea Salt)
Celtic Sea Salt tastes NOTHING like table salt and is beneficial to the body.

Then just add, carrots, peas,, or whatever......NO GARLIC (but a bit of garlic powder is safe, but the REAL GARLIC CLOVES are not safe!
Read that one in the "Beagles for Dummies Book, from Chapters".

Onions have the same toxic chemicals in it that chocolate has. Both will kill a dog.

Back