So stressed, had to join.

xpeacex

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have hereditary deafness. Severe and modetate deafness, brought up orally and had speech therapy as a kid which i hated. Only part i liked was that it meant I missed some lessons in school which i hated even more. Again only part ha.. i liked about school was that in my class was another deaf girl who has profound deafness. Everyone could not understand her when she spoke at times and so I would interpret as I understand her. I have a twin sister and she is not deaf. The comparisons throughout this life has been ridiculous. As an adult I want to learn sign language, growing up I was not encouraged by my family. Just today my mum and me argued because she wants me to wear my hearing aids all. I do not want to, I find them uncomfortable to wear. A few weeks ago, well I was over at my parents house. Was just me and my 2 babies, she was looking after grandson, my sister's son. She put a kiddie dvd on and it was showing some character teaching kids sign, she says to me that this guy playing some character is 'teaching normal children sign with special needs children there too'. Was hearing children and deaf as I could see the aids/implants. I could not hear the tv because volume was low so could not follow what was going on in the show. When she had said I felt like she was implying she believes deaf children are not normal. I feel sad about this. Guess this is like a rant oops.
Take care all x

Hello and welcome! I know how you feel about not wearing your hearing aids. I never liked them either. It was a relief when I lost the rest of my hearing and people stopped putting pressure on me to wear them.

Back