Should we or shouldn't we

signature more easy or leave it alone

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CoolieFroggie

Reaction score
I was thinking to change something for signature to MORE easier for new members or whoever..

Anybody agree? or disagree?

the reason why im posting up.. cuz it's really drive me crazy and it's hard for me to understand this.. i do understand how other people feeling been struggle with this..

but this time i do understand how to do but still it's hard!!!

Actually, the signatures are the easiest as they can get. Signatures are actually like posts. You can use the style, alignment, size, color, image, URL, etc...

Previously, you were using your computer as the source of your image. It doesn't work that way. Suppose your image was located in your computer at:

C:\windows\desktop\mydocuments\mypicture.gif

The first thing the internet browser does is check the first few letters. If it's HTTP, it knows that it needs to go on the internet and show the source. If it's C:\, it knows that it needs to go in the computer to show the source. Now, you're in AllDeaf at your computer... finding the source on your computer would bring up the image and show it to yourself on the webpage. However, if I was looking at this webpage... it would look in my computer to find the source. Problem is... I don't have that file. Since I don't have that file, it becomes void and doesn't show me anything. That's why it doesn't work.

When using the IMG tag, you need to have a valid internet source and the image file needs to have an extension. If there's no extension like GIF, JPG, or TXT... the IMG tag won't recognize the source and ignore it. There are some websites that store images for you. However, those websites only work for themselves. You'll need a website that allows you to view images elsewhere. Most free websites do not permit things like that unless you can trick them into doing it. Angelfire and Geocities don't permit off-site images. However, if you saved your image as JPG or GIF through your image program then renamed it to TXT through your computer... then those websites will be confused and those images will show up on other websites. Only problem is bandwidth, those sites tend to run out of space quickly. My best suggestion would be Imagestation. They only accept JPG images. Again, you can trick them by saving a picture as GIF... then renaming it as JPG through your computer. After uploading it, it should work. When getting the URL for the image, be sure to delete the last few letters... ".orig.jpg" That ".orig.jpg" is Imagestation's way of not permitting those images of being viewed elsewhere. However, with that removed... the image will work.

I know that this is all very confusing... but after you play around with it more, it'll work out. :thumb:

Hi... Now it would be MUCH easier for everybody to make a sig without hassle...

go to http://tinypic.com/ and browse it from your computer... and copy from what tinypic make a img codes and paste in alldeaf img code

Hope it's helps for everybody who struggle to get sig...

I'm actually satisfied with my siggy the way it is. It's what's in the posts that matter, really. :)

CoolieFroggie said:
Hi... Now it would be MUCH easier for everybody to make a sig without hassle...

go to http://tinypic.com/ and browse it from your computer... and copy from what tinypic make a img codes and paste in alldeaf img code

Hope it's helps for everybody who struggle to get sig...
OH good! i think thats what i need cuz i tried to put in pics in here and it says its too big so will try that at my home computer, not here at work..thanks! Cooliefroggie!

Whoa, that's a big signature! Can you make it a bit smaller? ;)

Attachments

• 2mgr9.gif
    2mgr9.gif
    12.1 KB · Views: 55
Posting your signature is as easy as hosting your image (gif or jpg) on a web server and typing the URL path to your image between the image tags.

If anyone needs image hosting for their signature, please me a PM and I will be more than glad to host it for you.

CoolieFroggie said:
Hi there,
I tried to make it smaller and won't let me...
Didn't you see my post? I made it smaller for you.

CoolieFroggie said:
ohh hi.. hehe thanks!!!
No problem... :thumb:

It's usually best to have a signature image's height at 100 pixels or less.

I didn't vote yes -- I voted not sure because that is Alex's decision...but like what Vampy said -- it's quite easy...as simple as possible.

Malfoyish said:
I'm actually satisfied with my siggy the way it is. It's what's in the posts that matter, really. :)

Malfy,

I agree with your comment that the content of a post is more important then the "window dressing" of the signature, but I would like to find a way to make my siggy more flashy. Even if YOU were the one who helped me with mine! LOL

You did a good job, but, I wish we had more options or something. Of course, this is also coming from someone who knows absolutely NOTHING about HTML or how to use all those "snazzy" programs that creates signatures and what not. I'm rather simplistic, and most of the computer programs that do this kind of stuff is waaaay tooo complicated for my liking! LOL

Oceanbreeze said:
Malfy,

I agree with your comment that the content of a post is more important then the "window dressing" of the signature, but I would like to find a way to make my siggy more flashy. Even if YOU were the one who helped me with mine! LOL

You did a good job, but, I wish we had more options or something. Of course, this is also coming from someone who knows absolutely NOTHING about HTML or how to use all those "snazzy" programs that creates signatures and what not. I'm rather simplistic, and most of the computer programs that do this kind of stuff is waaaay tooo complicated for my liking! LOL

HI Oceanbreeze, all you can create everything from ulead program to make a sig and make right size and go to tinypic.com and copy from there and there u go...

that what i make my own sig so you can try that.

CoolieFroggie said:
HI Oceanbreeze, all you can create everything from ulead program to make a sig and make right size and go to tinypic.com and copy from there and there u go...

that what i make my own sig so you can try that.

LOL Thank you, Coolie! But, I'm a afraid that I'm hopeless. I just don't know how to do this stuff, and that's OK. If I get really bored with my signature, I'll play around with things. I'm NOT afraid of making mistakes, or risking looking like I've got egg on my face while I learn! :)

Oceanbreeze said:
LOL Thank you, Coolie! But, I'm a afraid that I'm hopeless. I just don't know how to do this stuff, and that's OK. If I get really bored with my signature, I'll play around with things. I'm NOT afraid of making mistakes, or risking looking like I've got egg on my face while I learn! :)

you can ask me, and i can create it for you if you wish :mrgreen:

Back