Should Dogs Eat the Same Flavour of Food Forever?

Dannie

Reaction score
I was absolutely steeming MAD when a Pet Valu Franchise Owner told my Father (who believes ANYTHING) and even told me this on the phone, that dogs should only eat one flavour of food for their WHOLE LIVES ???????
(HOW INSANE IS THAT)???????????

This character BELIEVES that if the dog hasn't had any other flavours they won't know there's lamb or bacon or turkey if their just eating chicken and then if they try something different, they might stop eating the food alltogether!

And people actually believe this bunk!

I told this guy over the phone "If they stop eating the food althogether, then the food's probably NOT GOOD in the first place".

HOW CAN ANY PET STORE OWNER RIGHTFULLY CONVINCE PEOPLE OF THIS BUNK????

Seriously, this is NOT true, but so many people actually REALLY believe this!

It's okay though, if they eat milkbones with different flavours and have real bones from the stores but the same flavour for life?

How many believe this bunk??

Here out in the country, the dogs are fed just about everything from beef stew, I don't believe this b.s. and the brand name and generic brand dog food companies are fighting for " loyalty " hint .... hint .... hint .... $money$ :pissed:

Back in the old days when there were no dog food, what were dogs doing ? Gone huntin' for food !!!! Off he goes after that rabbit !!!!! Dogs ate wild game dinner just about every night and anything the dogs could find in the woods they ate and for water there was the creek, on hot days the dogs went swimmin' in the creek, man !!!!! :D

How many more crazy theories can people come up with?:ugh:

one flavor the whole time??? NO NO NO all animals eat any flavors.. Like you said they hadnt try different kinds of flavor if they keep eating the same one. They will miss the taste of others. tsk! I hope you would beg your father to call other pet store OR a vet to ask them a question abt the food.

Yeah that or he can feed the dog scrapes off the table or cook beef stew things that your father knows a dog will like, a nice t-bone steak cooked well done, 2 steaks on the grill, one for your father and the another t-bone for the dog. :) :thumb:

The choice of what to feed is obviously up to the dog owner. The choices available are canned food, moist foods and dry foods etc, and the dog doesn't have to require to eat the same brand food all the time but once the type of food has been decided by the owner, the owner should not change the food back and forth. Pick one type or any and stick with it. Changing from different types of dog food can upset the dog's system and lead to vomiting or diarrhea, and once the dog becomes quite overweight, it can be very difficult to get it back to it's normal weight...Each dog is an individual which means some dogs won't like one type of flavor food while the others do...So really it's up to the dog owner and what the vet thinks you should feed him/her...

I feed all my dogs with dry foods, canned food ( dog ), and what's left over after I ate. All my dogs eat them just fine. :)

Unless dog won't be complanin over one flavor? :D

I won't do that to my own pets cuz I loves to give them good life with different flavor.

Maybe I will stop to give them as only flavor(s) that gives them baddest foulest farts. :fart: :laugh2:

the pets deserve to eat different foods...

I fed cats with different canned cat foods... (fish, any meats, etc...)

Dog Foods have different brands of flavor dog foods...
Depend what r u buying the brand of dog food supplies.
Iam, Aplo, and much more.. why can't you have try'em different brands and to see if your dog is happy tail?

:scratching my head:

the pets deserve to eat different foods...

I fed cats with different canned cat foods... (fish, any meats, etc...)

agree that too also My horse love peppermint candy!!!! My dog love watermelon lol

Huh? One flavor food for life?? That is stupid. Dogs, cats and other animals are like people when it comes to food--variety of different flavored food keeps you from getting bored.

I feed my cat different flavored canned food and canned tuna for humans once in a while. When I had a dog, I fed her left over food--my family called her our garbage disposal, lol. Also gave my dog plenty of bones to chew on after our dinner.

Back