San Diego... New skyline...

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
sispan1-4000.jpg

harbor2000.jpg

Great Pictures!! I recognize many buildings and where it is taken from....

The first one is taken from south-- probably from the Silver Strand -- You can see Balboa Park way in the back with that old-style tower NEAR the airplane....
And obviously the downtown up front in middle... the highest mountain in background is actually 4 minutes east of Poway (where I live in) and the mountain to its left is Ironhead where I hike often.

and the second one is taken from Harbour Island (well it is not an island but it is called that way anyway). It is the Downtown. You can see the famous "Star of India" ship, which is black and red with old-fashion sails.

Did you know that if you are arriving or leaving San Diego in the morning or afternoon hours. You will be able to see U.S. Marine Corps trainees doing physical excersices with the drill instructors.

WOW! Great pictures!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't been back to S.D. since 1999!!! We are supposed to go this summer but money isn't permit!! WAHH! We wanted to go to Legoland but there's always next time! Maybe on my next trip. :)

I haven't been back to San Diego since I lived there in 1967, so I can't recognize anything. :(

I want to go back some day for a visit.

Reba said:
I haven't been back to San Diego since I lived there in 1967, so I can't recognize anything. :(

I want to go back some day for a visit.

It's much changed...

TrippLA said:
It's much changed...
I believe it.

I lived in San Carlos, and Point Loma. I attended Crawford High School, and Point Loma High School. I don't know if those places still exist.

I really enjoyed Balboa Park, especially the zoo, and the museum.

Reba said:
I believe it.

I lived in San Carlos, and Point Loma. I attended Crawford High School, and Point Loma High School. I don't know if those places still exist.

I really enjoyed Balboa Park, especially the zoo, and the museum.

Both high schools still exist. :)

Back