Research Into Text relay

karenwisniewski

Reaction score
Hi

My name is Karen I live in the West Midlands. I am doing some market research into Text Relay/Minicom service. I have been told by my local society for the deaf that very few people use this service now, as most deaf and partially deaf people use mobile phones for texting and email communications. I have joined the forum as I need to find people that are willing to do the research in the West Midlands area, however these people need to be users of the service. Could someone enlighten me as to volume of usage of this service please or give me any info available, or better still if someone is willing to do a short interview about the service they could contact me. I have full ID and also my company would be willing to verify the situation should the person require. If anyone wants to contact me I would be most grateful

Many thanks

Karen

You ll need 9 more to post then anyone will be able to contact you through the private message. :)

I do not know if i use text relay. I think not. what is that minicom?

She starts out by saying "My name is Karen I live in the West Midlands." I think I have heard of West Midlands and/or Midlands referred to when talking about an area in the UK; but she does not say and being new may have forgotten about the global nature of this forum.

Hi
Thanks for your responses
Im sorry I am new so I dont really know how this forum works. I am from the West Midlands in the UK. Text relay is a link to minicom I believe and is used as a method of communication . The providers need to find out what users want from the service and how it can be improved. I am just doing the research in the UK and trying to find people that can help with the research. Local deaf societies are helping me as well.

Hope this describes more what |I am looking for.

Karen

look into video relay . typed relay is the dinosaur technology. Typed relay is still being used, but the usage has dropped big time since the means to have video relay is now the new norm and its much better service and more natural way of making calls.

I dont think its true that texting from mobile phones is the way of deaf of making calls. video is from the smart phones. maybe if contacting a singular person that you know, but not to a company. If you are looking into service for your company-- research how video calls are made and how it works. Think of it this way -- when making a call from the deaf point of video- you can SEE everything - communication is made via signing in asl, or whatever is native sign language in your country, but no sound heard or made.

I am looking for someone to chat with and get to know and probbaly start a relatiionship with ....I am looking for a true man who is openminded as i am. I want to find some one who will love me for me and cherish me.But at the same time love the Lord with all his heart. you can add me at marysmith202099@gmail,com or yahoo.com and you can text me with my number 385) 200-5312 .

Hi
Thanks for your responses
Im sorry I am new so I dont really know how this forum works. I am from the West Midlands in the UK. Text relay is a link to minicom I believe and is used as a method of communication . The providers need to find out what users want from the service and how it can be improved. I am just doing the research in the UK and trying to find people that can help with the research. Local deaf societies are helping me as well.

Hope this describes more what |I am looking for.

Karen
Don't the providers have their own websites where local deaf users can give a feedback?

Back