Rattlesnakes!!!!

Awauphi

Reaction score

Patterson Drilling, Abilene, TX yard was doing some cleanup around

the yard. The forklift driver picked up a “pit” (10 ft by 10 ft by 30 ft),

set it back down and called the office. “I need some people out here

with shotguns.” Three men showed up. As many got away as was

killed----62.

got this via email! wow! unbelievable! i will show this to my son as hes freak of snakes! ugh! haha..

Yikes, I have to check before I walk anywhere include alligerators. Heh..

RebelGirl said:
Now i'm going to have nightmares!!! :ugh2:

haha why did u looked in the thread then? i put on title say rattlesnakes? if u saw that u wouldnt want to see in there? :P haha..

Luckysmile23 said:
haha why did u looked in the thread then? i put on title say rattlesnakes? if u saw that u wouldnt want to see in there? :P haha..
Yeah i know.. I was just kidding.. that that's scary though

RebelGirl said:
Yeah i know.. I was just kidding.. that that's scary though

haha yep very scary! i wouldnt want to be caught in a pit.. forget it! i would freak and definitely have nightmares for months! :ugh2:

EWWWWWWWWWWWWW GROOOSSSSSSS! NO THANKS! *runs away* *shivering!!!*

I went to college in Abilene, Texas, and this does not surprise me in the least. If you think that is bad, you should try west Texas! Out near Wichita Falls they have a rattlesnake round-up each year. They pay people to catch live rattlers and bring them in. They put thousands in a pit and have some lunatic sit in their midst. They also put on shows, milking the rattlers. Ever eaten fried rattlesnake? Tastes like chicken!

My great grandfather went rattlesnake hunting every night until he died (at the age of 99, while stomping out a grass fire). He would take his hound dogs out and hunt down the snakes. He would shine his flash light at them and then walk around them so they would have to uncoil (It seems that they can only strike when they are coiled). As soon as they would go to recoil, he would STOMP em!

OK THAT MAKES ME SO MAD. I love snakes so much i own two and i want a rattlesnake someday there is such a thing called relocation grrrrr i hate people like that they are boneheaded idiots who don't care for the enviroment

there is also a thing called "over population". IMO, anyone who would own a rattlesnake as a pet deserves the title "boneheaded idiot".

Lil_country_gal said:
OK THAT MAKES ME SO MAD. I love snakes so much i own two and i want a rattlesnake someday there is such a thing called relocation grrrrr i hate people like that they are boneheaded idiots who don't care for the enviroment

A snake told a young man that he would never hurt him. The young man trusted him. He happened feel something not right about his back. His back felt being numbed. The snake said that he is sorry that he bite him by mistake. He admitted that he has a bad habit.

(I read it in the newspaper a long time ago.)

People eat up land and animals move away from the sprawling suburbs like Phoenix, Dallas, etc. Some animals end up in the suburbs being "lost" Who's at fault? People.

Lil_country_gal said:

Well, alot of people are just terrified of snakes. Its not about not caring about the environment, its because some are inexperience about handling a snake. I could never never break that fear about snakes. I tried. we're not some bonehead idiots, we just happened to be afraid. And for the safety of children, it does need to be taken care of..

I let snake round my neck and took a picture when I was in Africa... It's only once... :D

I could not see the picture so I had to click on the link as I am a Texan myself and live in Pennsylvania now. Pennsylvania also holds snake hunts and contests every year too.

http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rattlesnakes7sj.jpg

I agree gunfire into the rattlesnake's pit was the best and the safest way. If you do not own guns then the next best thing is to get a gallon of gasoline then punch holes towards the midline in the full milk gallon of gas then throw the milk jar in then throw in matches or just throw your zippo in and get a new zippo ( Don't throw that rare and collectiable zippp lighter in the snake pit. ) Get one of those very common zippo's you can buy at the store and lob it in the fire pit like a grenade then when they are roast then pour water to make sure there is no more fire. Pay attention to the dry season and fire warnings that they blare on TV ( or radio ) or in the daily morning newspapers in Texas if they do have it.

Back