Question

wifeandmommyx3

Reaction score
Ok this is kind of bothering me. I am the mother of three ages 3, 2, and 7m. My oldest are HOH and they (their audiologist) told me that when I was pregnant with #3 it was extremely rare for all my kids to be HOH. Well little baby was tested March first and it came back that he had fluid in both his ears and tested with mild loss. This is what happend to me with the oldest two, big man and little girl. Is it something I did while pregnant? enviromental? I'm kind of shocked. I mean he passed his new born screening with flying colors. I'm not angry, just gah... If that makes any sense.. :/

I have a friend in Missouri who is the mother of 8 kids. She and her hubby are both hearing. All 8 children are hoh with different degrees of hearing loss and they don't all have the same type of hearing loss. (Both my kids have SNHL like me). Some hearing losses are genetic and some are not. Even though you and the father may be hearing, one of you could carry a gene that would cause it. I am not sure. I am only going by some of the things I have learned here on AD.

No, that's fine I'll accept that. The school here told me it was extremely rare to have all my kids have HOH. I'm thinkig about telling them to go over their stats again before just talking. I'm ok now I've kind of accepted it, but it's still kind of hard.

It happens occasionally. It's not SUPER rare, but if there's a recessive gene then yes it can happen.

Back