Question about Google Earth Photos

Steinhauer

Reaction score
Have you ever seen the tiny icons for photos on the Google Earth program? You can click on them, then a photograph "pops up" with a short description.

How can I add photos to Google Earth? I want to share them with the public.

I took this one today (not my best work, but just as an example)

bearmountain.jpg

register with Panoramio - Photos of the World (it's what Google Map uses for photos) and then submit it thru there along with proper information. it may take up to couple weeks for it to appear in Google Map since it's gotta go thru procedures and approvals.

Panoramio - Help - Getting your photos into Google Earth
Reviewed photos are added to Google Earth once a week. It may take up to three weeks for your new photos to be reviewed, so, in all, you may have to wait up to four weeks.

Getting your photos into Google Earth

Many Panoramio users want their photos to appear in Google Earth and Google Maps. The Google Earth process is well defined and we explain it here. Occasionally, photos are selected for Google Maps.

What you need to know about the transfer process

Panoramio adds photos to Google Earth approximately once a month. Check the transfer dates for the last transfer date and the next transfer dates. You can see your photos in Google Earth only if they were approved and transferred before the previous transfer date.

This is the process for approving and transferring photos:

When you upload a photo, Panoramio assigns it an ID number. The ID appears under the photo, with a status message. For example, the following might appear under a photo: Not yet reviewed - ID: 12795718

At some time after you've mapped your photo, Panoramio reviews its appropriateness for Google Earth and Google Maps. If the photo meets the acceptance policy, it's usually approved.

There is a lag between the time when you map your photo and the time it is reviewed, because Panoramio receives thousands of photos each day. Because photo IDs are sequential, you can get a sense of the photo's position in the queue for review. The ID of the last photo reviewed is listed with the transfer information at the top of this page.

When a photo has been approved, the Panoramio symbol appears on the photo, as it's shown on your personal (Your photos) page. If you click the photo, you'll see that the message has changed to this: Selected for Google Earth

Panoramio transfers all approved photos to Google Earth.

Shortly after the transfer date, the photo appears in Google Earth. You may need to zoom in quite a bit to see your photo. The photo appears as a small icon or thumbnail.

It can take up to 10 days between the time that you add the photo to Panoramio and the time that it's approved.

The advertised date for transfers is approximate and subject to change. Delays are typically limited to a few days. If an update is delayed for more than a few days, we'll post about the problem in the Panoramio blog.

Back