Praying Mantis

LakeTahoe

Reaction score
Guess what my dogs found?! A PRAYING MANTIS!

What happen is....I opened the door and call the dog. BUT they were not reposed to me when I called them. They were barking at something so I had to go and look what really going on I was shocked when I saw the Praying Mantis and grabbed it before my dog eat it! So I put it in the jar with opened air, leaves and some water. I wanted to show it to my son after school! I've caught it when I was little and haven't seen one since till now! PRETTY COOL!!! I am not scare of it! They are harmless pretty green bug!

istockphoto_122758_praying_mantis.jpg

I'll take pictures later when my son gets home and see what he react to! I love to see his priceless faces. :giggle:

Cool!! :cool:

:eek2: you are very brave! ;):) Cuz I cannot touch it :giggle: ;)

hahaha.... out in East... plenty praying mantises.... i grew up... yes they are beautiful green bugs.. female praying mantis will bite male one s head after they mated.. i watched her making cocoon.... it was amazing...

COOL I didn't know! How can I tell if mine is a female or male?

I'll take pictures later when my son gets home. My camera is on low on battery and now charging.
hahaha.... out in East... plenty praying mantises.... i grew up... yes they are beautiful green bugs.. female praying mantis will bite male one s head after they mated.. i watched her making cocoon.... it was amazing...

My parents took pictures a bunch of praying mantis and they're in California. They saw a bunch of baby praying mantis too. I thought they were cool and they were HUGE, too. I never seen one in real life...

I think that's my 2nd or 3rd time! I guess they are hard to see and hard to find! They are really cool bug :)

I cannot wait to show it to my son when he's home around 415! About an hour away! :hyper:

My parents took pictures a bunch of praying mantis and they're in California. They saw a bunch of baby praying mantis too. I thought they were cool and they were HUGE, too. I never seen one in real life...

I think that's my 2nd or 3rd time! I guess they are hard to see and hard to find! They are really cool bug :)

I cannot wait to show it to my son when he's home around 415! About an hour away! :hyper:

Haha yeah, because they're green and they blend well with the leaves so you have to look hard and you'll see some of them. Hopefully they're still around when your son will see it after school. :)

I have it in the jar :)

Haha yeah, because they're green and they blend well with the leaves so you have to look hard and you'll see some of them. Hopefully they're still around when your son will see it after school. :)

My son won't hold it! He was so CHICKEN!!! LOL! He think it'll bite! I held it...but my camera is no longer able to do the focus!! :( TIME BUY A NEW ONE! yea what money!? LOL!

The other day I saw a praying mantis by the front door. I was surprised to see a tan one instead of a green one. Does anybody know why this one is tan instead of green. I knew it is alive because it turned its head toward me. Also later on, it moved on to a different part of the front porch.

The other day I saw a praying mantis by the front door. I was surprised to see a tan one instead of a green one. Does anybody know why this one is tan instead of green. I knew it is alive because it turned its head toward me. Also later on, it moved on to a different part of the front porch.

Maybe it was out in the sun too long? Lol...

My parents saw a brown one too. I guess they're sunburned versions of praying mantises.

Here are some pictures...none are "BEST" but did my best since our camera is old.

variespictures0621pb9.jpg

variespictures0631sp4.jpg

variespictures0641hp2.jpg

Wow Nicely!!! ;):) Phillips :h5: your son.. That We don't like to hold it ! :giggle:

LOL! you're too funny but both of you are CHICKEN!!! They don't bite but feel a bit tickle. Too cute!

I would not HOLD what? SPIDERS OR SNAKES NO THANK YOU!

Wow Nicely!!! ;):) Phillips :h5: your son.. That We don't like to hold it ! :giggle:

Back