Ouch! Unbelievable injury!

MangaReader

Reaction score
A Brazilian woman suffered an almost unbelievable injury while walking her dog…

The woman was walking her dog when a porcupine fell from a lamppost and landed on her head. A surgeon had to remove quills from her head.

porco-espinho-1_link.jpg

Both the woman and the porcupine are fine, providing a happy ending to this bizarre story.

This was one prickly situation.

A falling porcupine landed on the head of a Brazilian woman Wednesday, leaving her with 272 quills in her scalp. The photo of the carnage has been making its rounds on the Internet:

Sandra Nabucco, of Gavea, told Globo she was walking her dog when the spiky creature fell off a lamp post.

"An old person or a child would have died," the 52-year-old said, according to a translation of Globo by HuffPost UK.

A surgeon was able to remove the quills with tweezers. Nabucco is now taking antibiotics to prevent infection.

Nabucco told The Dodo that though the incident was "frightening and very painful," she's glad she is happy the 10-pound critter survived

"I saved its life," she said. "He broke his fall on my head."

She's lucky a bigger animal didn't land on her. Last year, a Delaware woman was killed by a falling llama.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...5573.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news&ncid=webmail4

Last edited:
so is Sandra a He/She? Because that story was really flip flopping the he/she... I think its fake, the dog went after the hedgehog and he/she got the blunt of the joke...lol Sanjai also known as Sandra...lol

so is Sandra a He/She? Because that story was really flip flopping the he/she... I think its fake, the dog went after the hedgehog and he/she got the blunt of the joke...lol Sanjai also known as Sandra...lol

It may have been language translation problem. The site is in Portuguese. Google translation sometimes isn't great.

well also, poccupines and hedgehogs dont climb poles... so I deem this story a fake.

dont see a hedgehog anywhere? They can be on an overpass, but they dont have the ability to climb a pole, legs/feet too small.

Not what I mean. Maybe Sandra was under the bridge then someone thought porcupine fell from a lamppost but really top of the bridge. Do you see the lamppost with the bridge?

Image from google image and it was not happen on the story.

I found another website with this story in English. See link above. I revised my post.

Mod note: inappropriate posts removed

Ouch! That's in a wrong place at the wrong time. :(

I don't know about poles but N. American porcupines can climb trees.

My Lab once picked up a dead porcupine. Chomp! It was horrible. Quills on his face, in his tongue, in his mouth, in his paws. The vet got most of them out but some we had to leave until they worked their way thru his body. For several days we were pulling them out when they'd pop up in the weirdest spots on his body.

Tree and pole not same thing. With Tree their claws can cling on trees, can't do that on metal. Watch closely on video, you will see how its paws climb on tree.

Who's to say the post wasn't next to a tree, or the light wasn't on a wooden post? Sounds like everyone is overthinking this.

Funny how everyone is focused on where the porcupine was rather than on the poor woman who went through this ordeal.

Back