No Way Through

Jiro

If You Know What I Mean
Premium Member
Reaction score
*Warning - the video is emotionally distressing.*

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zZhVekDq5Y]YouTube - No Way Through[/ame]

Background - Imagine if London was controlled by the military and you had to go through specific checkpoints to go to school, go to work, visit your friends or go to the hospital. No Way Through brings the shocking reality of Palestinian life in the West Bank uncomfortably close to home.

Wow, this is good video to make us realize that we are so lucky to live in US.

I'm trying to find a captioned version. Here's what I manage to understand. The British soldiers at checkpoint asked for passport. The driver is British but the girl in backseat is Palestinian. The soldier was telling driver that the girl is not allowed thru. The driver pleaded with him that she is injured. The soldier angrily yelled - turn around! go back!

Wow, this is good video to make us realize that we are so lucky to live in US.

plus - it is also a good reminder for us to not to be fearful and paranoid... otherwise this is what America may look like. That's why we must not let people like Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, or anybody to let fear and bigotry controlling our life.

America - do not forget!

That's very scary :( *slight off topic* Also -- Imagine, you are not able to protect yourself without your own gun. Only soldiers can have it. :(

plus - it is also a good reminder for us to not to be fearful and paranoid... otherwise this is what America may look like. That's why we must not let people like Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, or anybody to let fear and bigotry controlling our life.

America - do not forget!

Yeah, it's better to not listen crazy and stupid right wingers. *nodding*

America - do not forget!

:gpost::gpost:

CJB - were you able to understand what was going on in the video? If not - I can try to provide a detailed description for it.

the video is reminds me of Northern Ireland that controlled by the British government. (right now, IRA and British troops are under peace treaty, anyway.)

And sad as well that the avg ambulance trip is 2 hours vs. just 10 minutes in 2001 before the military checkpoints. Innocent people are punished and dying just for being Palestinian and many have done nothing wrong.

Be careful of what you wish for, you just might get it.

That's really sad. I'm really glad to be in the USA instead of that place...it's like war zone in a way.

Back