motherhendley

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am relatively new to deaf culture. I am learning ASL because many deaf in my area do not have the Bible in their language so I am helping to make that possible. Anyone interested can contact me.:ty:

why do you think deaf people need the Bible?

ASL is not written.

Why do you think we can't read it in English?

Plus I have never found a shortage of people who would like to share their religious beliefs with a deaf audience.

I have two deaf churches within a few miles of my home, so actually no need for a hearing proselytizer, and that isn't uncommon.

why do you think deaf people need the Bible?

ASL is not written.

Exactly......there's NO lack of Christian Deaf stuff out there.......How come it's always (hearing usually)Christian missionaries who come here wanting to spread the Good News,and not say......Hindu,Islam,Jewish,or even Unitarian "missionaries"?
You'd have to be living in a cave to miss the Christian influence and all the materials etc available in this country!?!?!?!
Also,motherhendly, how would you like it if someone came to your church or community page and said " I follow this religion.....I'm helping to interpret it into your language." You'd find that annoying since you already have your OWN beliefs right?

This also isn't about being anti Chrisitan. I respect your beliefs....but please don't try to recruit me. You find it annoying when the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Mormons come by and try to recruit you right?
That's exactly the way it feels right now.

Back