matteb

Reaction score
I'm 63 and my hearing started really going south about 3 years ago. It fluctuates some and keeps getting worse. Leaving the hearing world is kind of creepy. I don't know what I miss more social functions or enjoying music. I have been to 10 ENTs and most just do an audiogram and try and sell me hearing aids.

I'm 63 and my hearing started really going south about 3 years ago. It fluctuates some and keeps getting worse. Leaving the hearing world is kind of creepy. I don't know what I miss more social functions or enjoying music. I have been to 10 ENTs and most just do an audiogram and try and sell me hearing aids.

http://www.alldeaf.com/our-world-our-culture/62953-adjustment-late-onset-deafness.html

Hi there, this link will help you find lots of people like yourself. :)

adjustment to late onset deafness

Thanks a bunch. I think I have a lot of adjusting to do.

Well if you want to hear better than you are now than that's the only thing they can really do for you. Most audis don't go above and beyond their Jon to help you cope. Especially for someone who is older in age.

Back