New Year's Eve

shel90

Love Makes the World Go Round
Premium Member
Reaction score
What did you do to celebrate?

We had a quiet evening. One of my good friends and her two kids came over so my kids and her kids all played on the Wii while my friend, my hubby, my brother, his girlfriend, my hubby's coworker, and I sat outside in my backyard with a bonfire. Just chatted and drank wine all night.

My poor dog was freaking out with all the fireworks being set off.

I had a fabulous time. A group of 24, all Deaf, went to the Japanese Steak House for dinner, then to one couples' home for a fairly low-key celebration. So nice to spend time with my "new" Deaf family!

Happy New Year to you, Shel, and all ADers!

:cheers:

Went to a local church's dinner /dance as I have in the past. 7.00 to 12.30am. Lots of "dance practice" as usual. A few questions about my Cochlear Implant which is visible.
Next dance: tomorrow night- Club Singles-Yorkland which is every Sunday night.

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

hubby and I just stayed home - we'd been out together all day doing errands, including getting the paint I mentioned in another thread. In the morning we tried a new restaurant for brunch - very mobbed, but VERY good!
I spent time last night with my dogs and he worked in his shop.
I did spend some time watching the NY festivities.

seems like you have a very relaxing evening but am sorry about your poor dog - fireworks can be very hard for many dogs. I don't think we really had any around here but a lot of times in Summer especially and certainly the 4th, we do, and none of our dogs have ever cared, actually.

Shel, does you dog use or enjoy Kongs? We have many of them, the really heavy-duty black ones, that can be used for stuffing food in. If you haven't tried, it maybe in prep for another fireworks time, you could stuff a Kong with something REALLY yummy that the dog doesn't usually get, maybe even make layers of it, and freeze it slightly so it's more hard to get out but not so difficult the dog is frustrated. Then see if s/he will work on that during that difficult time period. Sometimes if a dog is too stressed, that kinda thing won't work, but you could try it-

Last edited:
We had a quiet one! My oldest son went to a party, my other 2 were home.Very few fireworks, our doggie tolerated them really well. I did get a call from a friend, who was obviously drunk...and kept me tied up on the phone for about an hour...along with the "why this and why that" serenio. (reminded me of matajan!) HAHA

I went to my friend's on Tuesday and spent new year with her and her little family :) It was a quiet night, just drinking and chatting!!

Shel, does you dog use or enjoy Kongs? We have many of them, the really heavy-duty black ones, that can be used for stuffing food in. If you haven't tried, it maybe in prep for another fireworks time, you could stuff a Kong with something REALLY yummy that the dog doesn't usually get, maybe even make layers of it, and freeze it slightly so it's more hard to get out but not so difficult the dog is frustrated. Then see if s/he will work on that during that difficult time period. Sometimes if a dog is too stressed, that kinda thing won't work, but you could try it-

I never heard of that. She is fine now. She just went to the basement while the fireworks were going on and my daughter cuddled her. Once they stopped, she came out and was fine. Poor thing.

All my family was working! So I stayed home with the dogs. Nothing exciting at all. I watched a marathon of Criminal Minds. :lol:

I had a fabulous time. A group of 24, all Deaf, went to the Japanese Steak House for dinner, then to one couples' home for a fairly low-key celebration. So nice to spend time with my "new" Deaf family!

Happy New Year to you, Shel, and all ADers!

:cheers:

You too! :cheers:

Shel, I'm glad she's doing better now:)

Botti, seems that you and had a similar evening-

What did you do to celebrate?

We had a quiet evening. One of my good friends and her two kids came over so my kids and her kids all played on the Wii while my friend, my hubby, my brother, his girlfriend, my hubby's coworker, and I sat outside in my backyard with a bonfire. Just chatted and drank wine all night.

My poor dog was freaking out with all the fireworks being set off.

We waited till 10 pm to go over our son's home. He had much of people come over his place to celebrate. Had a good time. He had bonfire, stove (fireplace for outside), garage and inside house to keep us all warm. Brrrrr it was reason why we waited till 10 pm to go over there cuz damn too cold out here for last 3 nights.

Happy New Year, 1/1/11!

We went to a bar early that had a great band playing 80's music. Most all of us got to drinking too early on, I was about all ready to pass out by 11 !!! I'm such a party pooper. :lol:My SO took me home (he does not drink so I did have a very safe driver.) and I was asleep before fireworks went off. Dang it! :lol:

Had a quiet evening with family playing board games and WII; kids and adults all together. That is the way I like it. Days of going out for New Year's Eve are long over for me. Thank Goodness!!:giggle:

Drank a couple glasses of wine to toast 2011.

We went to a bar early that had a great band playing 80's music. Most all of us got to drinking too early on, I was about all ready to pass out by 11 !!! I'm such a party pooper. :lol:My SO took me home (he does not drink so I did have a very safe driver.) and I was asleep before fireworks went off. Dang it! :lol:

Uh, oh! I see someone moving down that maturity path!:lol: j/k

Uh, oh! I see someone moving down that maturity path!:lol: j/k

:lol:

I would MUCH rather have stayed home with a few glasses of wine, the roaring fire of my woodburning stove and cuddling up with my SO. I got voted down. :lol:

:lol:

I would MUCH rather have stayed home with a few glasses of wine, the roaring fire of my woodburning stove and cuddling up with my SO. I got voted down. :lol:

Exactly what I did with my SO, minus the few glasses of wine and fire. We did snuggle in the big bed of ours while we nibbled on snacks and watched TV. xD <3 Too bad he's leaving for Caltech soon today...yes, on New Year's Day. *sighs* >.<

We were on our way to a street, we were informed not to go bec they were not letting any people in. So, we turned back went to Target to buy movies, get pizza, chicken wings and bread sticks.

All my family was working! So I stayed home with the dogs. Nothing exciting at all. I watched a marathon of Criminal Minds. :lol:

LOL, I had the same marathon on while we were playing board games!

Back