New to North Carolina

deafnc

Reaction score
Hi everyone my name is Kelly I am 33 born deaf raised with hearing family. I am from British Columbia Canada. Met my husband (hearing) and moved to Seattle about 8 years ago and we just recently relocated to Winston Salem, North Carolina. I love this area very beautiful but the deaf do not seem to interact much here. Then again I am new to the area and may not be part of the scene yet. So I am hoping there are others from the Triad (Winston Salem, Greensboro, Kernersville, etc) area on this board. I hope to meet ANYONE though. Doesn't matter where you are from :)

I am a dog trainer at heart and ran a fairly successful business in Seattle. I have not decided when I will start things back up in NC and if things will go as well here or not, but time will tell. I enjoy the outdoors, but more than anything I enjoy interacting with the deaf community. I have only been here in Winston Salem for a month, but I am already missing the big deaf community in the Pacific Northwest.

I am glad I came across this website because it looks fairly active. Hope everyone is having a great day and talk to you soon.

Kelly in Winston Salem

Last edited:
:wave:deafnc!
I'm also a trainer and volunteer with behavioral mod. at a local shelter. Do you have areas of specialty?
My aunt and uncle used to live in Wilmington.

Back