new to blogs

papa

Reaction score
Hi: I'm new to blogs, so I'm not sure where to start, so I'll just ask a question. I have been hard of hearing since birth. couldn't aford hearing aid till i was an adult. I have had a variety of aids but lately the biggest issue isn't the volume but the processing of the words. I can hear the volume but just can't process what is being said. this happens even if I'm talking face to face in a quiet room with no other sounds. has anyone else had this issue. my hearing loss had been progressive since birth. thanks papa

I had the same issue with my old hearing aids before and it didn't have a volume control so I had to switch to a pretty strong hearing aid with that function so my newer ones are much better. :D

If you can discern words(understand them when you hear them), then the problem is the hearing aid. However, if you can't discern words then the problem is you can't understand spoken words. The former can be adjusted through the aids, but the latter cannot be adjusted. Since you lost hearing at a young age, I believe it might be that you've always had trouble with the words.

I would go see a doctor about it, not an audiologist.

Back