New to AllDeaf! ~Wisconsin Girl

gloriiiousglori

Reaction score
Hello all! I was pronounced hard-of-hearing when I was about 5! As time goes on, we have found my hearing decreasing:( I refuse H.A. they're uncomfortable to me. Also, I know little ASL, but am learning more now (due to the decrease). I would love to make friends and such who know what I am going through. Also would love to tell my experience to anyone and listen to others!

Hello all! I was pronounced hard-of-hearing when I was about 5! As time goes on, we have found my hearing decreasing:( I refuse H.A. they're uncomfortable to me. Also, I know little ASL, but am learning more now (due to the decrease). I would love to make friends and such who know what I am going through. Also would love to tell my experience to anyone and listen to others!

Hi my name is Katie and i am new to ASL too! It is not easy having to keep studying signs but i do it because i love it and i hace a deaf family member. I am a hearing person although sometimes i wish that i could just ignore my family sometimes, my sister nags too much, i just want to be able to hwlp anybody that i possibly can with the knowledge of ASL that i have.

Welcome! How old are you? They have a summer program for HOH teens to learn ASL at Gallaudet...http://www.gallaudet.edu/summer_programs/youth_programs/immerse_into_asl.html.. You also might be able to get in at your local Deaf School or dhh program so you can learn ASL by immersion......Some states have parental referral, where you can bypass the school district and have your parents chose to send you there....Also, since you're at risk for more loss, it might be a little easier for you to get referred to the Deaf School/deaf ed b/c you are in NEED of proactively learning ASL.

Back