New member needing help with deaf daughter.

RoccaMama

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Aurella, AJ for short, and I have a three year old daughter, Arianna, who lost her hearing at 10 months old. She did have some slight hearing in her left ear for some time, but now she is completely deaf in both ears. I've been pushing for her to get cochlear implants, but her doctor has brushed her off as a lost cause. I'm in the middle of looking for a new one.

Anyway, my current problem is I cannot get her to sleep at night no matter what. It's currently 6 am here where I live, she's been up since about 6:50 am yesterday and she just won't sleep. We go through this every night and she doesn't nap during the day. I've tried just about everything I can think of; a bath, warm milk, food, fresh air outside, just ignoring her outbursts for attention, bringing her in my bed, letting her lay on top of me, giving her a massage. None of that calms her down. A few people have suggested Melatonin, but she is already on so many other medications, due to her having Goodpasture's Syndrome that I'd really hate for her to be on another one. I could really use some advice.

Back