new here-deaf- with CI

harpspitfire

Reaction score
hi. names john, title says it all, new here,deaf, and just had a CI done, got the nucleus 6, good choice?? sort of a bad question since its already in- LOL, had 3 mappings so far, i 'guess' and seem to be doing ok with speech and sounds, as least that what im told and i understand conversations now pretty well with a more normal sound- which brings me to my future concern- are there any CI users here that play music? i really hope to tackle a keyboard or guitar after 40 years of deafness

I am totally deaf one CI and music sounds like sh** to me. I have the N5 and to be honest have not gone for many mappings due to severe tinnitus. My audi told me at the time of surgery, to not get to excited about hearing music again. So far that holds true.
I keep trying to play the piano, sounds like a dog howling.

There are others on this site with a better outcome. Good Luck!!!

:wave:...welcome aboard....no CI...profound deaf, but you otta' hear me sing!....Howlin' at the moon...and Opera is my forte!

:wave:
Welcome to AD.

I am only hard of hearing but I play flute/piano and sing.
You will can/will play music of your choice! I know a few deaf people who sing/play instruments.

Keep up the good work, and again welcome to AD!

:wave:
Welcome to AD.

I am only hard of hearing but I play flute/piano and sing.
You will can/will play music of your choice! I know a few deaf people who sing/play instruments.

Keep up the good work, and again welcome to AD!

How you can playing at piano? Do you use hearing aid or whithout?

deafie here but with hearing aids LOL (good luck with your N6 as the day goes through!)

How you can playing at piano? Do you use hearing aid or whithout?

I play with hearing aids. But it really depends where the song's pitch is. Since I have sensorineural hearing loss (High Frequency) I take my HAs out when I play high pitch songs.

Back