Premium Member
Reaction score
awesome isn't it??

Attachments

• IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 50
awesome isn't it??

Will it tell her she's going on a toll road though she's going in the opposite direction of the tolls?

(If there are tolls on the road I'm going on in the direction I'm going, they are so far away that I don't even know if they exist), but there is a toll plaza nearby in the opposite direction)

Very funny.. old fashion way map tracker.. I used to my Portable GPS Navigator. It's mounted on windshield while driving. Also, Android and iPhone had GPS, too

miomoov.jpg

Smile, she does have GPS, but she got jealous of me because I know all the back way if traffic get jammed or short cut that I don't like how GPS goes. So that is why she brought a map yesterday and study all of the different routes and how it connected and such. When she put the map up in front of the monitors, then saw the keyboard in front of it. I laughed and took a pix.

You know, when I had my old Sidekick, they didn't have GPS in it so I had to get GPS. Now I have an Android based phone so I don't need a GPS any more. I can get it in my phone.

Just another thought what I saw in one of article or TV talking about using GPS making people more dumber. Ken Jenning (Jeopardy Champion) actually said that and he believe it, because many people are unable to get the sense of location of where you are without GPS. Interesting.

Just another thought what I saw in one of article or TV talking about using GPS making people more dumber. Ken Jenning (Jeopardy Champion) actually said that and he believe it, because many people are unable to get the sense of location of where you are without GPS. Interesting.

I don't know about that. I use the GPS from time to time, but mainly to keep logs of the kilometres and time length. But mainly, I know my way around even without the GPS. It comes in handy for the detours in unfamiliar places though. For instance, visiting a city that you never have been to before and suddenly, there's construction and you have to find a different route right away.

Although I can see where some people would become less skilled at knowing their ways around if they rely on it too much.

Is it stupid to say that I thought deaf people would be more in tune with their inner compass because of their sensitivity to their environment? I've a very strong sense of direction and thought this comes with the territory of being deaf.

Is it stupid to say that I thought deaf people would be more in tune with their inner compass because of their sensitivity to their environment? I've a very strong sense of direction and thought this comes with the territory of being deaf.

Interesting. I suppose you may be right on this one. I always have had a good sense of direction.

Without GPS devices.. I hate to ask stranger for ask direction without map. They are alway liars for wrong way direction which mean i get lost somewhere.

reading map make me lazy... pffttt

Guessing I am an old fogey. I don't have anything GPS. I still rely on maps in print. Before I go anywhere I don't know, I go to MapQuest or Google Maps first.

Back