My signing baby

CSign

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_wXV6kNTjc]YouTube - My signing baby...[/ame]

Here is a little video of our baby and some of the signs he does. He is only about 18 months old so they are sign approximations rather than the exact sign. Hopefully this will work... I wrote the signs he does below the video on youtube. I'll figure out the captioning soon...

LOL, it was early in the morning so he definitely had bed head. It must have been that section of his hair sticking straight up.

So cute!

Captioning for Youtube have been improved so much and it easy to do. You type up what being said in word document or notepad and upload them on YouTube captioning under auto timing feature and it will work out the timing for you.

:aw: The baby is very cute. I love to see the baby happy and very relax. Not like struggling to learn how to talk or trying to understand like expecting the baby to understand hearing sibling or the parents without signing. This is really wonderful. You are lucky to have a signing baby. Thank you for showing me this video. Keep up signing with your baby. You and the baby have bonded. Yay!!!!! ♥♥♥♥

I probably should mention This is our youngest who is hearing, our older son (7) has a bilateral hearing loss. Our older sign signed at the rate as this little guy though. He averages 1-2 new signs a day. He has the benefit of a lot of exposure to sign as I sign with both of them. It is definitely to his advantage that he has his big brother.

I probably should mention This is our youngest who is hearing, our older son (7) has a bilateral hearing loss. Our older sign signed at the rate as this little guy though. He averages 1-2 new signs a day. He has the benefit of a lot of exposure to sign as I sign with both of them. It is definitely to his advantage that he has his big brother.

On the bold statement, OUCH!!!! Oh, my, you have an older son who does not sign until now at 7 years old beginning to sign. :shock:

On the bold statement, OUCH!!!! Oh, my, you have an older son who does not sign until now at 7 years old beginning to sign. :shock:

:lol: I think she meant the baby is learning as fast as his deaf older brother did at that age.

I think the deaf brother learned sign as a baby too. :wave:

Umm... No. We've been signing with him since we found out he had a hearing loss at about 2 months old. I'm saying that our little guy has a tremendous benefit because of the fact he's constantly surrounded with sign. I sign with my older son, as well as my youngest.

Beyond the value sign language has in aiding communication for babies, it is even more important that he be able to effectively communicate with his brother.

I was essentially saying that our older son (naturally) picked up sign language as easily as our youngest.

Now that make a lot of sense with Botti telling us that your son sign when he was a baby like your own hearing son.

Thank you, Botti for straightening out my misunderstanding. :Oops:

I probably should have just posted at the top that this was our youngest child who is hearing, and that out older son has a hearing loss.

Sign has been an integral part of our lives for the last 7 years, and forever more. It's important to me that our youngest becomes fluent as well.

YouTube - My signing baby...

Here is a little video of our baby and some of the signs he does. He is only about 18 months old so they are sign approximations rather than the exact sign. Hopefully this will work... I wrote the signs he does below the video on youtube. I'll figure out the captioning soon...

Aw... cute baby!

Back