My father brough 73 Cadillac Eldorado convertable

SneakerNet

Retired
Premium Member
Reaction score
I couldn't believe it. I visit my father house last night, he was grinning up to his ears: "See what I got myself for x-mas! go look in the garage!"

So I went down, and found that he got himself 1973 Cadillac Eldorado Convertable.....LOL Massive V8 with 30 gal gas tank, 9 something mpg etc...Mint condition...

He's happy

Attachments

• IMG_0421.jpg
    IMG_0421.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0422.jpg
    IMG_0422.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0423.jpg
    IMG_0423.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 22
Neat!!! Doesn't seem to have much rust. Was it imported from down South where it never saw the salt? It's nice vintage vehicle. I wouldn't mind riding in one or driving one. It's a cool chick magnet. Depsite the face that it's a boat, I think it'll be fun to drive. It seems like there are a lot of Eldorado convertibles like this on the market. I hope your Dad got a good deal on it.

He got it for like $6800 with 138K miles on it I think, but for him it look like 25 cents, he's a millionaire, cost to drive this car? pphhffftt...

he did said that he can't wait to drive with top down in spring time. I told him, make sure you update the Will that his car is for me. He didn't say anything...

But for me, I would love to drive it...when looking at the hood, it's like miles away to see the front.

Beautiful car. Friend of mine's dad had a '68 Fleetwood convertible. Can't even feel the speedbumps.

Does it have that infamous 500CID under the hood?

Reminds me of the "Pimpmobile" in the 1973 Bond film.

Beautiful car. Friend of mine's dad had a '68 Fleetwood convertible. Can't even feel the speedbumps.

Does it have that infamous 500CID under the hood?

Reminds me of the "Pimpmobile" in the 1973 Bond film.

I want to look under the hood but the problem is that it require two people to do the work, one person inside pull the hood release and one person in front of the hood to lift it open. So, I didn't bother to ask my dad to help with opening the hood. So, next time when we all have family to visit, I will ask my brother in law to help with this. I'm hungry to look under the hood!!!

I want to look under the hood but the problem is that it require two people to do the work, one person inside pull the hood release and one person in front of the hood to lift it open. So, I didn't bother to ask my dad to help with opening the hood. So, next time when we all have family to visit, I will ask my brother in law to help with this. I'm hungry to look under the hood!!!

For a long time many cars have had a release inside and then you need to squeeze and hold a latch, usually along the grill side of the hood, but they do not both need to be squeezed or pulled at the same time. Do inside and then outside holding the outside one as you raise the hood.

For a long time many cars have had a release inside and then you need to squeeze and hold a latch, usually along the grill side of the hood, but they do not both need to be squeezed or pulled at the same time. Do inside and then outside holding the outside one as you raise the hood.

The problem is that when you pull the latch to release the hood, hood doesn't popped up. Once you pull the latch, and let go, the latch will go back to "lock" mode. I already try to pull it and let go, then try to lift the hood, it's all locked. So second person need to lift the hood to move away from the hook, then then put the hand under the hood or in the grill to release the secondary or backup lock.

Nice car!!! I love classic cars! Should get premium gas for classic cars. not unleaded gas

The problem is that when you pull the latch to release the hood, hood doesn't popped up. Once you pull the latch, and let go, the latch will go back to "lock" mode. I already try to pull it and let go, then try to lift the hood, it's all locked. So second person need to lift the hood to move away from the hook, then then put the hand under the hood or in the grill to release the secondary or backup lock.

Sounds like something not working quite right. My father sold Olds, Buick, & Cadillac until his death in Oct. of '63. Then later I had a 66 Pontiac followed by a 78 Pontiac and I don't remember any GM cars of that era or later that needed more than one person to open the hood.

Sounds like something not working quite right. My father sold Olds, Buick, & Cadillac until his death in Oct. of '63. Then later I had a 66 Pontiac followed by a 78 Pontiac and I don't remember any GM cars of that era or later that needed more than one person to open the hood.

It's pain in the butt but I been there and done that when the spring pushed the hood up failed (or weaken as time goes along) and the hood of the caddy is heavy.

When I was a teen my frienfs mom had a restored one. Got to drive it and was like a boat.

Back