Michael Phelps' 12,000 calories everyday meal plan

wow that is alot... when i was into triathlon races, i had taken avg 6000 calories per day.... a lot of foods to eat but i stayed in good shape.

He'll burn most of those calories in the pool. That's why he has to take in so much. If he consumed a so called normal amount or less than that, he'd never be able to swim the way he does.

Makes me not wanna eat for a week just reading this! :lol:

:laugh2: That's double calorie intake than the average person.
Yeah, but I think it's more than that. I think the average man Phelp's size needs like 2,000 to 2,500 calories a day! Ya full yet? :lol:

Ohhhh, my stomach hurts just reading all the foods he eats in a day!

When he retires from swimming, would it be hard for him to adjust to a 2,000 calorie intake daily?

Ohhhh, my stomach hurts just reading all the foods he eats in a day!
mine too! ...churning now.

it didn't say in article but by radio - he practices laps for eight hours everyday. so 10 - 12,000 calories makes sense!

that too much of calories for food! i know he is professional swimming for Olympics

im rather not getting more eat but i can eat anythings include fruits,vegetables,meats and lots of mores just one plates for me!

but Michael Phelps can eat whatsoevers what he wanted they dont get vomit after he done eat

Wow, that is a lot of calories. :shock:

I can't eat bloody 12,000 calories or i will be become a sumo! :fruit:

Yeah, right but somebody like Phelps needs all those calories because he burns them all up. I think his body fat is probably in the 3% range......now that he will be taking a break from swimming, there is no way he will consume 12, 000 calories.

When he retires from swimming, would it be hard for him to adjust to a 2,000 calorie intake daily?

yea it was not EASY to adjust my eating habits after quitting my triathlon. my bad habit was that i took very high carb and high protien after quitting, i gained pretty quicker ! :( but it took some times to break my habits.... now i can manage my limited meals which is good..... yet i still love foods especially PIZZA... :)

i am sure M Phelps can manage himself after his retirement.

Back