Merry Christmas all, Ho ho ho

Santa Chuck

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am a professional mall Santa Claus and I have wanted to learn ASL for some time now. It always breaks my heart to have children come in who can't communicate with "Santa" because I don't understand how to read ASL. I want to be able to provide the same experience for these children as I do for the hearing abled children.

I have one daughter in law who is completely deaf and my 5 year old grandson is bewildered that his Grandpa can't understand sign language. He started learning it at the same time that he was learning English. My daughter-in-law started to lose her hearing as a young teen and is very good at reading lips, (as long as I can remember that she can't "hear" me if she doesn't see my lips. LOL) And since she grew up hearing, her speech is completely normal. My youngest child is a 24 year old who took 3 years of ASL in high school and was her schools star purple. She is about to get her bachelors and wants to go on into law school where she hoped to become an attorney specializing is representing the needs of the disabled.

Any information that can help me in searching out classes or events for the deaf in my area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Santa Chuck

Hello all,
I am a professional mall Santa Claus and I have wanted to learn ASL for some time now. It always breaks my heart to have children come in who can't communicate with "Santa" because I don't understand how to read ASL. I want to be able to provide the same experience for these children as I do for the hearing abled children.

I have one daughter in law who is completely deaf and my 5 year old grandson is bewildered that his Grandpa can't understand sign language. He started learning it at the same time that he was learning English. My daughter-in-law started to lose her hearing as a young teen and is very good at reading lips, (as long as I can remember that she can't "hear" me if she doesn't see my lips. LOL) And since she grew up hearing, her speech is completely normal. My youngest child is a 24 year old who took 3 years of ASL in high school and was her schools star purple. She is about to get her bachelors and wants to go on into law school where she hoped to become an attorney specializing is representing the needs of the disabled.

Any information that can help me in searching out classes or events for the deaf in my area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Santa Chuck

A clue to where your area is would be necessary before we can provide that information! :P

Back