looking for help

Pam80

Reaction score
Hi! I've been totally deaf for a year now. Its hard to get use to. IT happened quickly. I was wondering if anyone was from around Joplin mo? I'm looking for some deaf peers but do not know how to find any get togethers. Also I need to learn sign abd a classroom setting would be difficult so need a tutor or someone. I'd very much like to make some new friends. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Hi! I've been totally deaf for a year now. Its hard to get use to. IT happened quickly. I was wondering if anyone was from around Joplin mo? I'm looking for some deaf peers but do not know how to find any get togethers. Also I need to learn sign abd a classroom setting would be difficult so need a tutor or someone. I'd very much like to make some new friends. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Hi, welcome to AllDeaf.

I'd start by contacting the Missouri Association for the Deaf. Tell them what you told us, and say you're looking for people to meet and to learn ASL.

Missouri Association of the Deaf, Inc.: Home Page

I don't see a direct contact email, but you could probably email the President on this page.

Missouri Association of the Deaf, Inc.: Home Page

Hope that helps!

Edit:

Hey! You're in luck. They have board meetings right in Joplin at the library. You could probably drop in and visit.

Back