Looking for an ASL buddy to chat with

Erica_alina

Reaction score
I am extremely new to this site and am so eager to continue learning the ASL language and culture. I have been studying ASL since my sophomore year in high school and continued taking ASL classes until I graduated in 2012. Since graduating, I really have not immersed myself in the deaf community and therefore am losing my skills. I would really like to find a buddy who I can chat with, so I can brush up on my skills and potentially get my ASL cert for interpreting. I would love to go to a school, but my time is limited and the best way for me to communicate is via video chat. If anyone is willing to help me that would be great! I look forward to it.

I am extremely new to this site and am so eager to continue learning the ASL language and culture. I have been studying ASL since my sophomore year in high school and continued taking ASL classes until I graduated in 2012. Since graduating, I really have not immersed myself in the deaf community and therefore am losing my skills. I would really like to find a buddy who I can chat with, so I can brush up on my skills and potentially get my ASL cert for interpreting. I would love to go to a school, but my time is limited and the best way for me to communicate is via video chat. If anyone is willing to help me that would be great! I look forward to it.
Hey! I'm from Sweden and I really am fascinated about ASL! I know 5 languages and my 6 language will be ASL. I am not deaf or have any deaf relatives, but some of my friends are deaf. My friends find it a bit funny that I want to learn ASL and not the Swedish Sign Language, I believe that ASL is less complicated than 'SSL'?:) I only know a couple basic phrases but I think I am able to understand more than I can speak:) To develop my ASL skills I watch Swithed at birth and some other series where they only speak ASL, I also listen to music while there is an interpreter on the top. After I learn ASL fluently my goal is Latin;)
// Lilly
Btw, are you 20 years old?

Back