Listening to the same song over and over

deafdrummer

Reaction score
Why do I have the life-long habit of listening to certain songs over and over to the exclusion of anything else?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkShNhLrTgQ&list=UUbZjE43D5SPM8JFAIoJC_UQ&index=2&feature=plcp]aboriginal transrock - NGORUNDERI - YouTube[/ame]

I have listened (not watched) to this video 58 times in the 10 days since I found it. And I have been at work about 7 or 8 days out of the last 10 days. Meaning I've listened to it 15-20 times per day to the exclusion of anything else. I basically feel happy, I feel this thing when I hear the complex trip beats of the didgeridoo.

In iTunes, the top six songs has been listened to a minimum of 307 times, with the top song having played 1084 times since about March 2009.

Why do I do this? I've had a friend many years ago ask me, "Don't you get tired of it?" To that, I say that it takes me a very long time to get tired of it. When it comes to listening to CDs, songs are hit-and-miss apiece. Some, I'll never listen to, and some get me hooked and can't get it out of my head. Okay, I'll say it - it feels like it hits a certain pleasure center in my head. Listen to the guitar part, a 70s-like guitar part that is very soothing.

I can't stop listening to this!!! It's 8 55 now, and I've been playing the video in the background since about 5 30 PM today. What is going on?

Last edited:
Back