Let's sign together~!

Idayah

Reaction score
Hello, my name's Idayah. I'm an aspiring author and college student interested in learning and interacting with the Deaf community more. This year, I'm taking my first ASL class, so my signing isn't that great, but I would like to practice and get better! If anyone's interested, Deaf or hearing, let's Skype and sign together~!

Ah, nice! I've only been signing for about eight weeks so far. I learned about it from a pack of sign language cards my mom kept around the house when I was younger. My friend and I could only really sign the alphabet, so we'd just fingerspell to each other all the time. We were both really excited when we saw college classes for it. How did you find out about sign language?

Ah, nice! I've only been signing for about eight weeks so far. I learned about it from a pack of sign language cards my mom kept around the house when I was younger. My friend and I could only really sign the alphabet, so we'd just fingerspell to each other all the time. We were both really excited when we saw college classes for it. How did you find out about sign language?
I don't recall finding out about sign language but my first class in it was as a teenager in the 1960's.

Ah! The sixties? How did you come across the class?
I don't really remember. It was held at the YMCA where I took some other classes so it was probably posted there or in the newspaper.

Thank you very much! How long have you been signing?
I started signing in 2008, I use to live down the street from the Deaf school growing up and I was born hard of hearing with APD but my parents didn't believe me so my mother took an ASL course with me so she could talk to me when I couldn't hear her. Even through she didn't believe me, she was annoyed that she had to scream at me haha. Anyways I took my first class at a local college and 3 classes at the Deaf school and 3 more classes in my high school. After that I have been learning new words on my free time. I plan on taking ASL 2-7 at my local college just for fun and practice when I have the money to go.

I started signing in 2008, I use to live down the street from the Deaf school growing up and I was born hard of hearing with APD but my parents didn't believe me so my mother took an ASL course with me so she could talk to me when I couldn't hear her. Even through she didn't believe me, she was annoyed that she had to scream at me haha. Anyways I took my first class at a local college and 3 classes at the Deaf school and 3 more classes in my high school. After that I have been learning new words on my free time. I plan on taking ASL 2-7 at my local college just for fun and practice when I have the money to go.

Oh, wow. It's been almost ten years for you then, and a lot of classes. That's nice. I've only been learning for about two months now. I'm taking classes at my college. I wanted to learn sign language since I was a kid, so I was excited when I saw it as a class I could take for general education credits. It's a lot of fun learning signs and sentence structure in ASL.

I don't really remember. It was held at the YMCA where I took some other classes so it was probably posted there or in the newspaper.

Nice. I didn't know the YMCA offered sign language classes. That's really cool.

Back