Kseniya Simonova

Jiro

If You Know What I Mean
Premium Member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOhf3OvRXKg]YouTube - Kseniya Simonova's Amazing Sand Drawing[/ame]

Kseniya Simonova is a Ukrainian artist who just won Ukraine's version of "America's Got Talent." She uses a giant light box, dramatic music, imagination and "sand painting" skills to interpret Germany's invasion and occupation of Ukraine during WWII.

At first I was like wtf? :giggle: I confused her with russian gymnast Ksenia Semenova :roll:

Yeah... Kseniya's work is awesome!

According to the comments it's "you're always near" or "you're always nearby."

Glad to see that WW2 and the following Soviet occupation still lingers in people's memories.

North Americans forget their roots too often.

I'm Ukrainian by heritage and wish I could read in Ukrainian.. but really, I am amazed that this lady did this... impressive somehow... and really, I had no idea Germany invaded Ukraine in WW2....

I'm Ukrainian by heritage and wish I could read in Ukrainian.. but really, I am amazed that this lady did this... impressive somehow... and really, I had no idea Germany invaded Ukraine in WW2....

That's because Ukraine was part of the USSR at the time from 1922 to 1991. They were only an independent state from 1917 to 1922 prior to that since they used to be under Tsarist Russia.

Yes true, Souggy.. I do know that Ukraine had taken over Poland for some time before the World War 1 or so... really, I am glad Ukraine is no longer under the USSR banner and I do think Ukraine will be a good country for the entire world to take notice somehow....

Beautiful and talented art. I am in awe, it was very moving and emotional story. Very gifted talent!

Yes true, Souggy.. I do know that Ukraine had taken over Poland for some time before the World War 1 or so... really, I am glad Ukraine is no longer under the USSR banner and I do think Ukraine will be a good country for the entire world to take notice somehow....

Ukraine had taken over Poland? Poland was divided in half by Tsarist Russians and the Imperialist Germans before WW1.

Hmm strange, Souggy... I know I read somewhere about that.. but I could be mistaken on that somehow... honestly, all I know that Poland was once part of Ukraine for some time before WW1 occurred or so as well as the time the USSR was started up...

Very creative. And she is cute too.

ukraines-got-talent-winner-kseniya-simonova-sand-animation.jpg

Back