Just wanted to share this picture

sequoias

Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks kind of romantic, huh? I took this picture on a tripod.

The camera settings were...

in manual settings
exposure time: 1 second
focal length: 6.3
ISO: 64
aperture: 3
wide angle lens installed

Candles4608.jpg

Are you experimenting in low light? There much fun to photograph. Your picture looks perfect. one second exposure. You mention why night photographers use low ISO; otherwise, higher ISO gets better in low light. Sometime it confused me. I used low ISO with long exposure to ensure better photograph in dark sky.

Nice and you did good job but need more romantic picture? :thumb:

Very awesome picture!!! :thumb:

When I get SLR camera, I will have to learn this and that. Oh boy! LOL! I am thinking about taking classes at local community college. That'll keep me busy too! :)

Very nice photography, Sequoias. Your camera setting were helpful, too.

Are you experimenting in low light? There much fun to photograph. Your picture looks perfect. one second exposure. You mention why night photographers use low ISO; otherwise, higher ISO gets better in low light. Sometime it confused me. I used low ISO with long exposure to ensure better photograph in dark sky.

I think it depends on the settings you use to capture pictures at low light. I think higher ISO causes more noise in the picture at night, I will try to take picture with higher ISO settings to see what the picture looks like.

Very awesome picture!!! :thumb:

When I get SLR camera, I will have to learn this and that. Oh boy! LOL! I am thinking about taking classes at local community college. That'll keep me busy too! :)

Thanks! That wasn't a SLR camera, I took this picture with a Olympus C-765 ultra zoom with built in 10x zoom lens. I do want a SLR camera though, but later on in the future. I have taken the camera class long time ago in elementary and high school.

Very nice photography, Sequoias. Your camera setting were helpful, too.

Thanks! Yeah, it is helpful! You could check the picture's exif data in a good picture editing program. That's how you can get that info without writing it down.

yeah it is romantic feeling in that room as it made me feel like I was right there! ha!

i like one of the candles. its pretty. :P

Nice photo, Sequoias! :) My suggestion, maybe you can make every corners of this picture darker and making it as we only can see the candles and the wooden table where the candles are sitting on?

Nice photo, Sequoias! :) My suggestion, maybe you can make every corners of this picture darker and making it as we only can see the candles and the wooden table where the candles are sitting on?

Nah, I like it that way. I only wanted to show you guys one of the photographs I have done last night. I like the low light glowing behind the candles. But thanks.

Nicely done Seq! :thumb:

Wow, very nicely done picture. :thumb: Sequoias

Back