Just had to share

Lissa

Premium Member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVLICqNwCEk&feature=related]YouTube - ASLCI[/ame]

Thanks for posting it here. It would help for any hearing parents who are not familiar with ASL that any kids with ci who can use both signing and speaking. :)

Thanks for posting it here. It would help for any hearing parents who are not familiar with ASL that any kids with ci who can use both signing and speaking. :)

Yup, I don't see why a child cannot use both spoken and sign language if they have a cochlear implant! Best of both worlds! But I still consider sign to be the most important

Yes. Kids would feel comfortable of using signing if they can speak then why not BOTH. It's up for them to use either language in the future when they get older. I think Having both asl and spoken that can build up CI users' self esteems boosting to feel capable of doing anything that is convenient for them than someone telling them not to use ASL. That's wrong since they were born deaf/hoh/hearing loss that they can tell the feeling and soul when it comes with ASL.

[/B]

Yup, I don't see why a child cannot use both spoken and sign language if they have a cochlear implant! Best of both worlds! But I still consider sign to be the most important

I don't see why not, either. Trick is convincing the medical establishment that thinks ASL gets in the way of English development.

Cute video! :) I do have CI and I still am deaf no matter what. I also use ASL as well! :)

whoa. I wanna ask her out. the girl at 1:03

"Hi! I have HA and I love ASL too" :naughty:

Thanks for sharing I liked it. :ty: (the kids are so freaking adorable!)

:thumb::thumb::thumb::ily:

I love this video!!!! I already post it on my blog website to show my hearing family and friends to proof it. CI babies and children are most important to use ASL, sign language, and any foreign sign language. CI is the best for both speak and sign language in same times. That is nothing wrong!

I don't believe that ENT doctor told to hearing parents NO use sign language to communicate with deaf babies before cochlear implants. That is wrong! The most CI children feel lonely, isolate and left out of communicate at hearing school with no deaf and hoh children. That is sad! My third cousin have bilateral CI without sign language. He is still trouble at school and the hearing kids pest on him because of CI unlike other hearing kids have. He don't have any friends. He re-took kindergarten grader due lack of reading. Because he don't know sign language. That is sad!

I'm support babies and children with CI use sign languages. That's important to them to communicate and social with deaf, hoh and hearing people.

Parents really need to see this.

Back