Jacob and the Guitar Man

Jiro

If You Know What I Mean
Premium Member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKXkbs55KXU]Jacob and The Guitar Man - YouTube[/ame]

just... awesome! :thumb:

the guitar man is such a sport to let him get curious.

Tyler Gregory - Intro
In response to the "Jacob and the guitar man" video: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

First of all, I cannot thank you enough for visiting my website and being interested in my music. I am completely blown away by the number of visitors on here.

I try not to take the internet too seriously and involve it into my daily life, for I feel there are better things to focus on. (I would rather spend my days outside when it's beautiful spring weather). It really shouldn't choke me up when I see this much traffic on my website. However, I get choked up when I am looking at how many people are getting my album, listening to my music, and sending me the most heartwarming mail I have ever read. I got home last night to do my regular routine of music e-mails and promotional work I was so emotionally overwhelmed by the number of people who have purchased my album. I cannot be more thrown back by all of this in the greatest of ways... it has brought me to my knees and to tears. These Cd's are bringing me that much closer to my long term dream of owning an RV to tour in (that runs off of waste vegetable oil). I cannot begin to thank you all enough for taking the time to listen to my music. Whether it's at a show with 1 person, or a packed house, each and every person who takes the time to listen just blows me away.

It brightens my week when someone picks up a cd online. I usually hope for a couple a week to help out with rent, bills, etc. For 15 people to visit my website in a day is an unusual day. I can't even grasp that 6,000 people have been to my website today. It's not processing quite yet.
I started responding to each e-mail I woke up to today. But with nearly 500 in my inbox, I found it difficult to get back to everyone this morning. I truly do love reading each and everyones story, and enjoy to see where every one is from.. so keep them up. I just don't have time to respond to every single one (although I'm going to still try!)... that is why I am writing on here :)

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you so very much for taking the time out of your day to listen to my music and find a connection. It means the world to me. It means more than I can even explain. I find it a miracle to reach out to so many people I have dreamed to reach out to for so long. In only two days.

As far as the video of Jacob and I goes, I am so surprised at the response. Very surprised. I didn't know the internet was so powerful and could connect to people so much! haha

Either way.. It was an ordinary day, walking to my regular spot to busk when I don't have a gig that night, and play music on the corner for a rotating crowd. When Jacob came over I felt excited about having another kid listen to the music. (Makes my day when kids dance to the music on the street... I already had a couple come over that day so it was already nice). However, unlike most kids that come up to me with curiosity, I felt so much energy coming off of him and I was completely overwhelmed. His hand on my leg was very powerful and about brought me to tears while playing. Not because he is blind or autistic.. but because of a connection I have never felt and one that is impossible to explain. Honestly, a feeling that came from my toes all the way up my body and surrounded me. I can't begin to explain it. I want to try to put it into words, but there is no way to tell how powerful his energy felt.

It was a powerful moment that made my day and reminded me of the good things in life. Reminded me why I love different interactions with people when playing music. Reminded me of how powerful music can be between two people. It also reminded me not to take things for granted, for most of us have it pretty easy in our everyday life. So, I just simply went home with a very big smile on my face that day, and a story to tell my close ones.

I would love to continue it in the future. Maybe share and play more music together with Jacob. Although, his mama also told me that Grandpa likes to do some pickin' himself, and that Jacob has a guitar as well. I'm sure that coming across me on the sidewalk that day was that little something that struck a chord in his heart that he found familiar and could relate to that day :)

Anyways,
Once again thank you all so very much for everything.
Thank you for the kind words and heartwarming stories. Thank you for listening to my music and thank you for simply spreading the love. It brings me to tears when I see how many people have listened to my music. Thank you.

Love,
- Tyler

Back