introduction

Nikki3512

Reaction score
Hey I'm Nikki. I've been partially deaf most of my life. My grandfather was partily deaf, my dad lost all his hearing in one ear, and lost 75% of his hearing in the other ear. One of my older brothers is also partily deaf, he cannot hear unless he's wearing hearing aids. I'm lucky enough to have only some hearing gone, but some days it feels like I'd rather be fully deaf or be able to fully hear. It's hard, being in between. I was also lucky enough, a little over a year ago, to meet a guy who accepted my hard of hearing and is willing to help me with it. I hate crowds, social events and loud noises. Some days it feels like all I can do is keep from going crazy. It's hard to watch tv without subtitles and it's really hard to understand someone if I'm not able to look at them. oh and i hate phone conversations too lol. my older brother was diagnosed with hard of hearing around the age of 3, I was just 1 at the time. My mother had left some months before, my father had dropped out of college to work and take care of 3 kids, and after I started school, I was diagnosed with it too. I've worn hearing aids most of my life. That is my story.

Hello Nikki,
Welcome to AllDeaf. Glad you found the site. Are you from Oklahoma?
If so, which part/town. Have fun on the forum.

Back