Introduction from Druistyn

Druistyn

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

This is my first post here. I am very new to the deaf community, and I haven't lurked on this site much, so forgive me if I misuse any jargon that I am ignorant of.

I very recently only started learning ASL at a local community college. I live in a very small rural town so there really isn't a deaf community here, but there was a class offered by a teacher (non-hoh) and since language-learning are a passion of mine I decided to take it.

I am quickly falling in love with this language! While every language I've learned or studied has had a flavor or color to it, ASL is unique on a whole other level.

I'm planning on moving soon, though location depends on where I can find a job. Wherever I end up, I'd like to meet some members of the deaf and hoh community and learn more about this culture that for most of my life I've been extremely ignorant of.

Anyways, that's my background in ASL in a nutshell. While the language is proving to be very "easy" to learn, it's also difficult because I haven't anyone to really speak with. I'm hoping to find some good videos with subtitles that I can watch time and again.

In any case, greetings! :wave:
qtl { position: absolute; border: 1px solid #cccccc; -moz-border-radius: 5px; opacity: 0.2; line-height: 100%; z-index: 999; direction: ltr; } qtl:hover,qtl.open { opacity: 1; } qtl,qtlbar { height: 22px; } qtlbar { display: block; width: 100%; background-color: #cccccc; cursor: move; } qtlbar img { border: 0; padding: 3px; height: 16px; width: 16px; cursor: pointer; } qtlbar img:hover { background-color: #aaaaff; } qtl>iframe { border: 0; height: 0; width: 0; } qtl.open { height: auto; } qtl.open>iframe { height: 200px; width: 300px; }
copy.png
favicon.ico

Back