introducing myself!

Cailin87

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! I'm Danielle, I just found this site today and am very excited to make new friends. :wave:

:welcome:

Please tell us about yourself.

February does seem to be the time of semester when the winter ASL students get their first assignment to talk to a deaf person. :lol:

My rule of thumb, if they don't say right away, they are most likely hearing people.

On that topic, today in Target with my husband, I got really close to an old guy also looking at toothpaste. As he saw me and skittered away in horror, my husband noticed his CI.

I decided he must be a formerly hearing implantee and has had terrible experiences when deaf people saw him and tried to sign to him.

Either that or he just recognized me and was terrified... :hmm:

February does seem to be the time of semester when the winter ASL students get their first assignment to talk to a deaf person. :lol:

My rule of thumb, if they don't say right away, they are most likely hearing people.

On that topic, today in Target with my husband, I got really close to an old guy also looking at toothpaste. As he saw me and skittered away in horror, my husband noticed his CI.

I decided he must be a formerly hearing implantee and has had terrible experiences when deaf people saw him and tried to sign to him.

Either that or he just recognized me and was terrified... :hmm:

I had hearing people sign to me and sometime is bug me that when people see my HA they assumed I know how to sign. I feel they're trying to see if
I am really 'HOH'.

Back